My latest find

jackiedanger

Apr 7, 2014
Foresthill, Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! I havent posted any of my finds till now. I never really thought they were TN worthy :tongue3: I have lots of clear quartz pieces in jars and by my windows, nothing perfectly terminated or completely clear. Well yesterday I went down to the creek by my house and on the way up I stopped at what I call 'quartz alley'. I always find pieces of quartz with (what I think is) green tourmaline. Usually just barely buried. The sun hits them at the right angle and I pry them up, usually with my hands. This is the only spot that I have found quartz with this inclusion. My neighbor told me that our mountain was 'torn down' by hydraulic mining, and then 'rebuilt' with the tailings. As a result there is quartz scattered everywhere, which makes it impossible to locate the vein. Anywho... here's what I found on my way home. its nothing special, but it has a lot of 'tourmaline running through it. Hope the pics show how cool I think it is. image-1.jpg image-2.jpg image-3.jpg image.jpg

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Quartz specimens with what appears to have not only inclusions but also Dendrites trapped inside! If there was hydraulic mining where you live, I hope you are digging and panning in the creek as well as metal detecting in and along it! It is pretty good chance that they missed quite a bit of small Gold but also, they could have missed some nice Quartz with Gold specimens as well as Nuggets.

Frank

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jackiedanger

Apr 7, 2014
Foresthill, Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Quartz specimens with what appears to have not only inclusions but also Dendrites trapped inside! If there was hydraulic mining where you live, I hope you are digging and panning in the creek as well as metal detecting in and along it! It is pretty good chance that they missed quite a bit of small Gold but also, they could have missed some nice Quartz with Gold specimens as well as Nuggets.

Frank

Thanks Frank! My boyfriend and I have been sluicing in the creek (sluicing, is that even a term?). We located a few places where bedrock is exposed along the banks and digging around there. Here, my boyfriend found a hand forged nail, an elks tooth, and of course a little gold and an itty bitty garnet. I can get a good deal on a minelab excalibur, do you think that will do the job? I was thinking a lot of gold could have been missed. Now you have me pumped to get a MD.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread