All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20140727_211243.png

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
My first thoughts were Citrine until I zoomed in the pic! Now, I am thinking that it may in fact be Heliodor or even Yellow Tourmaline due to both the intense yellow color and also due to the crystal structure.

Frank

Upvote 0

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll have to agree with the Heliodor comment above.. the crystal's structure is hexagonal shaped and even has a few points.. If it was the yellow tourmaline.. It would not have the hex or points.. Clearly these are perfect examples of Heliodor I've seen none better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
If you're making waffles...yes. I want some. :notworthy:

Are you referring to Apatite? Or possibly Fluorapatite? I don't think those are likely. They naturally have many flaws and inclusions. Your crystals are nice and clear. I'm sticking with Heliodor on these.

Upvote 0

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
I was concerned with the crystals color. Often these types of crystals are colorized to enhance it's color and that would be my first clue as to if it was something else.. but the color is very rich as I stated before and clean.. thou It's unclear if the crystals have been polished as to enhance their clarity.

Upvote 0

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
If you're making waffles...yes. I want some. :notworthy:

Are you referring to Apatite? Or possibly Fluorapatite? I don't think those are likely. They naturally have many flaws and inclusions. Your crystals are nice and clear. I'm sticking with Heliodor on these.

You took the words, I mean waffles right out of my' mouth! LOL!!

Frank

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread