Did a little rock picking upping today, see any keepers?

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
8_02_2014 todays rock picks.jpg
Did a little rock picking upping today, see any keepers? It was really hard to get the colors of the rocks to show right tried several photos and different lights and different camera settings, I could get either the green rock to show good or the red rock to show good finally went with the most neutral picture that I got not sure what light camera setting got it really, then photo-shopped it gently trying to make it look as close to what my eyes saw, so thats my story on this photo. Something about the lime-greenish rock caught my eye while going down the gravel road all rocks came from a gravel road and thats the rest of the story ! I like the red rock also, not sure its exact on the color but its close. I also got a few small rocks that stuck to my walking sticks magnets but thats going to be another story.

Last edited:

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Well from a rock horder.. all those are keepers.. but from an average bystander.. they are just rocks.. but this also depends on what one is going to do with them,. Throw them in a rock garden, tumble them or just throw them at passing cars etc.. you do what you will.. But I'll focus on the tumbling aspect.
Many of these would offer a great polish up. yet there are those that have seams, cracks, pockets and divots which would not tumble very well. One would then need to cut or shape away these imperfect areas and begin the tumble. But I would suggest that you run these for about 1 week without any grit.. sort of a pretumble just to see if they will tumble out correctly.. but then one would run into a hardness issue.. I mean sure I see quartz etc.. a typically lot.. but the red/brown (colors) one may need to zoom in a bit just to see a few of the colors etc.
Lastly.. things to look for.. nodules, crystals creamy solid colors.. this could indicate something worth a bit more attention.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Several of those could be cut into some pretty good looking cabbs.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Several of those could be cut into some pretty good looking cabbs.

Thanks , what kind of equipment do you use to make Cabbs been out of the rock business for a good while here. TIA

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread