tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At place I've done business with over the years who are in to the mineral specimens market. I had to go see one of the fella's the week before last and was in to see a large collection of specimens received as the shipping boxes were opened. The collection was just purchased from Arkansas. I guess the collection of this collector and dealer had died and the family had sold his large collection to these guys. This company I deal with travels the world in search of rare and unique mineral specimens. In the past they operated the Sweet Home mine in Colorado in search of the famous Rhodochrosite specimens found in that mine. In the 1970's I worked at the Climax mine in Leadville, Colorado and saw some Rhodo' specimens from there that would be worth a fortune today. Some of the miner's I worked with back then were buying new Oldsmobile's with the money they were making on that high-grade operation, till the mine owners found out and closed off the area. I only wished I'd a got my share when I worked up there. The Sweet Home mine has been shut down for some time now and I do miss the visits I would make up there back then. The lighting in this warehouse isn't so good, so the pic's are not as good as I'd like. It's all so fascinating to visit this place as, there's always something new to see. I'll use my miners LED cap-lamp next time I get some shots of the rocks here. It does work somewhat well in low light photography.

Attachments

• rocks 1.jpg
    rocks 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
  • rocks 2.jpg
    rocks 2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
  • rocks 3.jpg
    rocks 3.jpg
    932.5 KB · Views: 78
  • rocks 4.jpg
    rocks 4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
  • rocks 5.jpg
    rocks 5.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
  • rocks 6.jpg
    rocks 6.jpg
    811.5 KB · Views: 61

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: Magnificent Specimens! Thanks for taking your time to share that collection. :notworthy:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread