Big rock loaded up and interesting.

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loaded up this rock on my truck to bring home to check out. Lot of it looks to be Topaz but may not be. Lot of crystals on it here and there. Thinking I might just use the chisel and hammer as I would like to see what the inside looks like. What do yall think? Having fun. Took pictures in sunshine but still don't do it justice.All pictures just one rock but different angles. Big Rock 004.JPG Big Rock 001.JPG Big Rock 002.JPG Big Rock 003.JPG

shaman15771

May 27, 2014
SW VIRGINIA
Detector(s) used
fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got some rocks that look like that and appear to be rose quartz inside, haven't checked them all of course, but appears the same. Get a 30X loop on it and see what you find. That's a big one. :hello:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am probably wrong but it appears to be a massive Quartz conglomerate that was subjected to Volcanic heat.

Frank

You might be right huntsman53, what caught my eye was a lot of crystals in the holes that are in this rock on all sides. Got a stout wife or I could not have brought it home with me. That thing is heavy but the old tailgate stood the test again. Talking about the truck. LOL.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread