Mavrick88

Sep 19, 2014
Chattanooga, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I went to this gem/gold mine in person a few months back and had a really good time going through their 'condensed' 5 gallon buckets that were going for $50 each. The setup is quite nice and my girlfriend and I had a great time! The company is called Crisson Gold Mine in Dahlonega, GA. They seem very reputable and my finds on their $50 buckets were quite nice. I also tried for some gold! I had to go through 3 buckets because I'm a sucker for "you never know what you'll find!!" type of things :). I guess that's why I'm here on Treasurenet, right? Haha.

Earlier this week I decided to purchase one of their buckets online that is $100. Here's their description:
This gets you the most Gemstones for your Money. This is Our SUPER GEMSTONE Concentrates. You can find RUBIES, SAPHIRES, EMERALDS, GARNETS, AMETHYST, AGATES, CITRINE, AND MANY OTHER types of Gemstones. This ore is very rich and they can be cut. This is 75 gallons of our Gemstone Ore concentrated to 1 gallons of ore. This is so rich that you can see the Gemstones just fall out of the Ore. We have a lot of repeat orders from happy customers. Shipping is $10.35 and we can fit 2 bags into 1 box for the same amount. (They need to fix the shipping charge, it was a few bucks more).

Sounds good for us happy go get'em treasure hunters!

So, as you would expect, I went through the whole thing as soon as I got them. From what I can 'see' I think that I got a few nice finds but want to check on here before I decided to get anything cut or to see if any of you say "Just toss them in your rock tumbler". Either way, spending money on these buckets was just fun in general and worth the money to me to have a good time doing it. So anything is a bonus if it's 'worth' anything. I'm skeptical on stuff like this as well. I mean, if you could truly "strike it rich" on these, why isn't everyone doing it? Right? :) Again, it was all about the fun!

I had some pretty nice, from what I can tell, Rubies? I think! I'm not a gem expert, so I thought I'd ask here. In just some of your opinions, are these worth getting looked at to get cut or should I just toss them in my rock tumbler? Weird that after I cleaned most of them, they all had a gluey sticky like surface. The big ones were the worst. It was like an oily/gluey stickiness to them.

SAM_1041.JPG
SAM_1044.JPG
SAM_1046.JPG

I "think" this is the same type. Not 100% sure.

SAM_1049.JPG

Here is a couple of these weighed by CT.

SAM_1050.JPG
SAM_1051.JPG
SAM_1052.JPG

I wasn't too sure what these were. Garnet? Sapphire? Have smaller ones of these as well.

SAM_1056.JPG
SAM_1065.JPG
SAM_1068.JPG

More Rubies, I think. Not sure about the oblong ones. Some kind of resemble moonstone like rocks.

SAM_1069.JPG
SAM_1071.JPG
SAM_1076.JPG
SAM_1077.JPG

Emeralds. Not sure if they all are and not sure why some of them have that 'shinny' black stuff in them. Maybe these are not worth cutting but maybe tumbling for fun?

SAM_1078.JPG
SAM_1079.JPG
SAM_1080.JPG

This one looked like the best/biggest one I got out of all the Emeralds. 66 CT. and doesn't have all that black shinny stuff on it.

SAM_1090.JPG
SAM_1091.JPG
SAM_1092.JPG

Bunch of little Emeralds. Again, not 100% sure if they all are Emeralds. These are prob good for tumbling or learning how to gem cut :).

SAM_1095.JPG

Of course, I also got a lot of Tiger Eyes, Solidate, Citrine (mostly the yellow soapy ones), Quartz, Moss Agate, Red Jasper, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Pyrite, Aventurine, Smoky Quartz, ect. Great for my rock tumbler!

I know this was a long post. Thank you if you took the time to read it!

Last edited:

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for sharing and welcome to TN!

Those are cool Corundum specimens! Lot's a variety in shapes there and most of them appear to be in the same color range.
Your Emeralds are in their host rock. They can be cut out of it. Please do a good bit of research on tumbling and I personally would not tumble any Corundum or Beryl(Rubies,Sapphires & Emeralds). Really cool collection and definitely worth every penny!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Mavrick88

Sep 19, 2014
Chattanooga, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to know it was at least worth the money. I can be a hoarder when it comes to things like gemstones/rocks and didn't want to keep them around if it wasn't worth it. I know 'grading' them is hard to do from pictures and such, but I just wanted a general idea. I need to find someone local here in Chattanooga but so far Google Searches haven't' really turned up that great.

I do know a lot of those "gem searching" sites offer cutting and such but I have heard some good/bad things on them. Mostly that you never know if your stone was 'swapped' for a lesser quality one, ect, ect. Who knows?? :) I would definitely like to do this myself one day but it looks pretty painful and a tedious process to go through. It would be something neat to learn in retirement days though, haha. I'll just keep collecting now and have a ton to use when I retire many, many years from now ;).

My 7 year old daughter has fun finding some of the nice looking stones. She likes the Pyrite a lot and of course Amethyst since it's her birthstone.

Thanks again for the info fellow Tennessean!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Mavrick88

Sep 19, 2014
Chattanooga, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and if everyone agrees these are nice finds, then a shout out to Crisson Gold Mine where I found these at. Well, these pictured were from the $100 online gemstone concentrated bag I purchased. But the $50 buckets (on site) were a ton of fun and I got a lot of nice rough tumbling rocks out of those. Of course, I also got some nice Rubies, Emeralds, Garnets, ect. too. The $100 online deal definitely had the most/biggest gemstones in it. I will be ordering again if there are some good comments on this post.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread