Crystal i found yesterday

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this crystal yesterday with purple spot in it. Check it out and see if it looks like Amethyst to you. Rock also has some green and yellow crystals too. Thanks a lot. Purple crystal 004.JPG Purple crystal 006.JPG Purple crystal 007.JPG Purple crystal 009.JPG Purple crystal 012.JPG Purple crystal 014.JPG

Sorry about some picture quality the sun does not shine here anymore.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep got yourself some amethyst :) The other colors your seeing are not uncommon for low grade amethyst and often there is a mixing of quartz varieties depending on the trace elements.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go G!

:occasion14:

Thanks BB I been scratching around in stream a little this morning not finding much, going back after lunch to scratch some more. Be glad when you get here maybe I will know where to look and what to look for.

Upvote 0

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Freeman, I'd be right there with you. But let us get the jeep repaired which will start later this week or early next week.. Just stage 1 though and thats a start.. should tighten things up a bit.. But I wanted to point out.. having come from NC myself.. a couple of areas in VA we tend to enjoy and depending on where you live.. Morefield mine has smokey, amazonite and garnets.. Thou one has to be apart of a social group and this could be a good way to get other TNer involved. Next was the fairystone park.. but technically one can't dig there.. they have to go down the road aways to a converted gas station with the "cross stones" located in the back. Give us a chance to get caught up.. you guys keep your eyes on road cuts.. (new roads being built) where they cut away the hillsides good finds there.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freeman, I'd be right there with you. But let us get the jeep repaired which will start later this week or early next week.. Just stage 1 though and thats a start.. should tighten things up a bit.. But I wanted to point out.. having come from NC myself.. a couple of areas in VA we tend to enjoy and depending on where you live.. Morefield mine has smokey, amazonite and garnets.. Thou one has to be apart of a social group and this could be a good way to get other TNer involved. Next was the fairystone park.. but technically one can't dig there.. they have to go down the road aways to a converted gas station with the "cross stones" located in the back. Give us a chance to get caught up.. you guys keep your eyes on road cuts.. (new roads being built) where they cut away the hillsides good finds there.

I live in eastern part Carroll County Va talking about digging or panning here on the farm where I live. BruntBear is coming to see me soon to have a get together. Thanks for the reply. When you get the jeep repaired you are welcome anytime to drop in on me. US 58 is being built right now here at my home as they are making a 4 lane road so they are cutting a whole lane through here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread