OP
OP
L

Ladyburn

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok :) I am very novice I just like them.

I have one that is more green and quite easy to light up and there is some kinda of insect stuck inside, is this normal ?

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First thought it also slag. But I would also like to see the insect.

Upvote 0

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
As suggested by other members, slag would fit the bill. One thing to understand about the term slag is that this is what maybe left over from potters back in the 18th or 19th centuries or earlier. Merely and nothing more than an ill formed porcelain or clay pot which was fired in a kiln and was place to close the flames.. The bubbles are that which there clay etc was not worked enough or the glaze was put on to uneven.. So the sure give away, are the bubbles or what is left by the bubble.
If you have another stone which is more clear, this could be part of a stain glass setup assuming it came from the same area.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

Ladyburn

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello again :)

Belive it or not but this slag has been sent to a labb where they tested it and they said it contains radioactive materials, quite much they said.

In a few days I will recieve videos that shows the inside of this slag when illuminated and filmed with a high end camera, and things are moving inside, looks like glass worms. and the ohm sign is occuring often.

I have also found it in photos of the " alien " head when zooming in, it coul be light reflections but there seems to be letters that moves and changes shapes, I just cant explain it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the fly in the slag. Pretty neat

Upvote 0

Linkan

Oct 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but if it is a slag stone how would that insect stay so intact? it would have evaporated at that heat or got crushed by the pressure

Upvote 0

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
The first grouping of images is a potters slag, While the last grouping of image excluding the alien face.. is that of a man made green obsidian or simple green glass blowers glass or even a resin mold glass sort of like those fake ice cubes with the flies in them. Perhaps someone was attempting to pass this off as green amber.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

Ladyburn

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first grouping of images is a potters slag, While the last grouping of image excluding the alien face.. is that of a man made green obsidian or simple green glass blowers glass or even a resin mold glass sort of like those fake ice cubes with the flies in them. Perhaps someone was attempting to pass this off as green amber.

Thank you for your input but the locations these items was found on makes that not likely at all, . Also the moving worms are on ALL rocks not just the head.

I am a novice so I dont know really, all I know it this whole area was formed by meteors and that these moving worms are on all rocks, but in much smaller numbers on the insect one.

I want some input about the worms if possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

Ladyburn

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, can you see the white things I call worms in the pictures ?

Obviously these are not worms but something else but go ahead troll all u want m8 :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

Ladyburn

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pardon.. Troll.. You're making a worm hole out of a molehill.. you have nothing.. slag/glass whatever.. Go out and find something worthy of this discussion.

So what youre saying is : No, I dont see the marking youre talking about, is this correct mr slick ?

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool piece. The "bubble" like inclusions are typical of (slag) glass. But slag can come from many sources, glass making, metal making and so on.

I'm not sure about the fly, the brain can fool us at times.
Have a professional look at it in person to be sure, I'm afraid on a forum at best a qualified guess is what you can hope for. :)

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need to be irritable.
Please post smaller pictures~ it took me 4 minutes to load this thread and a few more to size things down to figure out what being shown. I can blow up pics.... down sizing is problematic :)
All I'm seeing is some sort of resin that's been rolling around in the dirt for awhile. The fly pic pretty much confirmed it for me as well as the internal bubbles, flaws and coloration.
Where did you find these materials? Its kinda important and I don't need to know exactly where just a state or a country and how.
That's not slag but it may be another interesting item.

Upvote 0

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Hi Lady. Let me start by saying I know nothing. The first pic made me think of a ceramic high school art project that had been in a house fire or really acidic ground. The alien made me think of 1970's 6" tall statues of droop eye dogs, very popular at the time,that had been in a house fire. The green glass looking thing with the "bug-fly" kind of freeked me out because I do see "something", but the eye wants to see familiar things like the words written in gibberish you can read because of a couple of key letters in the right place. I would guess some kind of flaw and not a bug.
In post #11,third pic., I do see 40 or 50 "U or V". About the middle of the object. All of the "U or V"'s have the horn points up. In the first pic. of the post I see like 8 of them. 5 in one bunch, 3 in the other. They are along the upper right edge. Those horns are pointing down. They are white. I would guess that's an anomaly of the camera. Dust on the lens,reflection off of the object, the way the digital cameras photograph. On the left middle I also see Porky Pig in a waist jacket,holding a golf club head behind him with his right hoof. He is also white. But I have an imagination.
You say the whole area was formed by meteors. Could you tell us where this is? You also said you had sent some to a lab for testing and it was radioactive. Is it enough to cause health problems? If so I'd stay away from it. Good luck in getting it identified.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

Ladyburn

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your answers !

And I apologize StoneWhisper for my reaction.

The rocks were found in central Sweden.

I removed all image links so you can find them all here if interested : durbantopia's uploaded images - Imgur

Here are what looks like cells : http://i.imgur.com/nmy4nL7.jpg

This one is bonus for you :) slag or not this dude is mean : imgur: the simple image sharer

There are 2 lenses in each eye but the left eye has been damaged abit, in a special angre I can see inside and it lights up green and red. But yeah nice hoax if its a toy or something : http://i.imgur.com/JSVFbWW.jpg

Will update with vidoes and lab papers when I recieve them.

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm going to suggest you find a gemologist or geologist and have them take a look. I feel reasonably certain you have found some green amber. Either that or someone's cast offs from playing with some sort of epoxy resin. Its not slag~ insects or any other critter would be destroyed before the material could harden around them. Baltic ambers can be found in Sweden and green amber as well hence why I asked where you found the specimens. I've only ever seen it at rock shows here in the US and if genuine with insects can be worth a bit to collectors.

If you could just down size your photos :) Hot links to other sites are generally frowned apon and besides its a pretty interesting mystery.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread