shaman15771

shaman15771

May 27, 2014
SW VIRGINIA
Detector(s) used
fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a lot of it and color is just like butterscotch. Polish it? Too big to tumble unless I cut it.

Upvote 0

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
You're at a point where if one doesn't have slab saws or other lapidary equipment.. There isn't anything one can do to accentuate the stone's color other than having it sent out to someone who is able to do what you want with it. Searching online (images) this stoen would offer a stone crafter a through and through color which is very desirable. So if one doesn't have the equipment.. one should start looking or simply find someone to do it for you.

Upvote 0

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sure will Freeman. Aventurine is a form of quartz, isn't it?

Aventurine is either quartz or quartzite (which consists mostly of quartz) containing fine grains of mica, which gives it a unique sparkle/lustre. :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
shaman15771

shaman15771

May 27, 2014
SW VIRGINIA
Detector(s) used
fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, certainly no shortage of mica here. Looks like someone dumped a truck load of it in my yard. LOL. Is it micro or can you see with the eye? This is very fine grained and no noticeable crystals.

Upvote 0

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May be a form of quartz shaman15771 and that is not bad. By being quartz and the color it is never count out Citrine.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
shaman15771

shaman15771

May 27, 2014
SW VIRGINIA
Detector(s) used
fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have no idea how much quartz we have. LOL. We have enough smoky quartz to fill a stadium. From pale gray to brandy to black. Including rose, pink (very clear, looks gem quality to me) red, light blue, dark blue, and a bit of green. Not sure the blue isn't an agate. Looks a lot like Ellensburg blue.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
shaman15771

shaman15771

May 27, 2014
SW VIRGINIA
Detector(s) used
fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks BB! I believe I 'll post some pictures of our land so you all can get an idea of what I mean. Huge quartz boulders and most of what I've found was laying right on the ground. Haven't even started to dig yet, keep getting side tracked and suddenly loaded down with more rocks!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread