BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been a tough few weeks here for me....well, maybe years....but I wanted to thank you all for being a part of this forum on TreasureNet.

Some of the good folks here tend to come and go and a few of those I have taken the time to get to know on a personal level. I have learned so much on this site. Some people have to pay for the education that can be picked up here freely. I feel indebted and grateful for everyone here and I hope we can all help one another for years to come. We all possess the "treasure" of knowledge and it is a treasure that we should share, invite, edify and cherish. Sometimes the highlight of my day is seeing someone post a really neat find here on the forum. It gives me a rush with you. Keep on prospecting my friends and I'm pleased to lend a hand in any way I can. -Luke

:occasion14:

125_3110.JPG

shaman15771

May 27, 2014
SW VIRGINIA
Detector(s) used
fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being a newbie, I feel so blessed in finding this forum. You can read all the books and look at all the websites you want but it doesn't hold a candle to experience. Thank you BB from the bottom of my heart. I am so grateful to have you and all the others on this website and your patience with someone not knowing what they're doing!

Upvote 0

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being a newbie, I feel so blessed in finding this forum. You can read all the books and look at all the websites you want but it doesn't hold a candle to experience. Thank you BB from the bottom of my heart. I am so grateful to have you and all the others on this website and your patience with someone not knowing what they're doing!

Patience is the word sometimes and shaman15771 I feel the same. I am a newbie too and have learned a lot from friends on here and try to uplift those who post their finds and may not always agree with them but do the best I can not to say negative things. Hope I can learn more so I can help more but most of the time I am needing help. Thanks to all.

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always something new to see and when it comes to finding others that have an appreciation for similar interests extending a bit of knowledge helps both ways veteran, intermediate or new comer alike. I hold similar thoughts to those expressed here. My thanks as well :) Keep chipping, swinging or digg'n.

Upvote 0

longlivethejeep

Oct 26, 2014
Bear Valley, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your post seems to be a newbie magnet (myself included). We've already interacted on a few other threads as well, and I'm very much feeling the vibe of this place. I've been a member of many other forums of different interests, from my Prius to Pellet Stove, to Health and wellness. This one is different. There's a comradery here that other's don't have. Just reading through everyone's post, I smile at the interaction most have with each other. Questions and answers, everyone learns and teaches, often in the same thread. LOVE IT! There's something to be said of those that pay attention to the world around them. My 5-year-old daughter who accompanies me on our expeditions asked me while resting on top of hill (where life seems to be in more perspective), why I like rocks so much. I had to think about it (as every answer I ever give her should be meaningful). I finally came up with "these rocks tell a story that no one else can." She looked at me crazy, and said "Dad! They can't talk!" "from the mouths of babes." That gave me an opportunity to point out some fossilized plant material in a rock and explain how it came to be (in my minimalistic knowledge of the matter).

Furthermore, BurntBear, I dig the way you appreciate openly the wisdom you've gained, and thank those who've taught you. That's a huge character trait. To quote Charles Schulz, "You're a good man, Charlie Brown."

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BurntBear

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you!

I feel as though it's necessary to show appreciation in all areas of life, even here. I personally have dealt with many tragedies in my life and I have lost more than any man should. One thing I cannot lose is my knowledge and wisdom...unless my memory goes; then I can say I lost that too! :laughing7:
I really dig this forum as well and there is a comradery between people here that is distinct. I've been a member of another forum (musician related) since the year 2000 and it is nothing like TreasureNet. I've only been here since July and I enjoy it much more.
There are few people that take in the world around them or even venture out into it anymore. I moved away from the bustle and hustle of up North and find myself quite comfortable here in the Appalachians. I think a man's heart is at home in the wilderness. I know mine is! Thanks again to each of you.

Welcome aboard longlivethejeep! Thank you for the kind words! -Luke

Upvote 0

longlivethejeep

Oct 26, 2014
Bear Valley, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes indeed, sir! You're so right about a man's heart being in the wilderness. All week at work I wait for the weekend to head out! My teenage stepson and I are planning a week long survival camping trip out in the wilderness, hopefully by next year. All we're bringing is tools (hatchet, knife, rope, etc) and hunting gear (I'll use the bow, he'll use the rifle) for food, and of course emergency gear in our packs. Now, if I could just get my wife on board!

Upvote 0

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You all seem so humble.
Very cool!
I have like thoughts. Just not the words.
Heading for Magnet Cove Arkansas for a few nights next Thursday, then to North Hot Springs or Mt. Ida a few nights, for some mineral collecting. And to see my compass spin around the Cove. Lol
8 hour drive from New Orleans needs a 6-7 night stay.
This my weather time of the year!!
Ray

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread