Pink quartz?

shaman15771

May 27, 2014
SW VIRGINIA
Detector(s) used
fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a very clear crystal and a lousy picture. Going to need to get a camera instead of depending on my android and kindle. Color is very light and delicate.

MORGAN 1.jpg

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmmm, that's an interesting piece. Not sure if it's Quartz or not by the pic. Would be awesome if it was Morganite! :occasion14:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
shaman15771

shaman15771

May 27, 2014
SW VIRGINIA
Detector(s) used
fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are 4 beryl mines around here. A couple aquamarine don't know what the other two are. How can you tell the difference? We have A LOT of pink stones. But assumed they are quartz if in a quartz matrix.

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone familiar with the gems coming out of the area you found your stone would be the best bet as to positive identification. The piece appears to be very clear and I cant tell anything from the fractures as to whether you have a beryl or quartz. My first impression is that you have a rather good example of rose quartz~ however if you are in an area with beryl *shrugs* morganite maybe possible. Did a bit of looking and the only major areas for morganite in the US appear to be in Maine and California but there is some reference to North Carolina as well.

Nice piece. If its big enough you might get a good gem out of it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
shaman15771

shaman15771

May 27, 2014
SW VIRGINIA
Detector(s) used
fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's about the size of a quarter. There are beryl mines about 4 or so miles from us. Over the hill. Two are aquamarine, don't know about the other two. If you look at minedat, they show several in our area. (Franklin co, Va.) Mostly Helidor.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions