Diggin into pegmatite.

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well heres what it looks like were im diggin lots of mineraliztion and mica found DSCF0179.JPG DSCF0180.JPG DSCF0187.JPG DSCF0192.JPG DSCF0193.JPG DSCF0194.JPG DSCF0195.JPG DSCF0199.JPG DSCF0203.JPG DSCF0212.JPG small amount of baryl 2 small yellow greenish tourmalines found a pocket here a while back that had water in it but only some black crystals blahhh.. What do you guys think?

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wil, glad to see you are still at it. I've been thinking about going out there again. Did you ever get that gun shaped schorl out?

Those crystals you got look like heliodor. I'd be happy to find those! Like I mentioned to you before, the guy who told me about that mountain said they were pulling beryl out too, so it's there!

As far as tourmaline goes, the guys at the Himalaya mine told me garnets are bad for tourmaline as we they rob the tourmaline of some ingredients. I've spent a fair amount of time at the Himalaya mine this summer and have some gorgeous material I'm putting up on my site later, Rt395minerals.com - California's Finest .

Keep at it. All it takes is finding 1 pocket with a stunning specimen and all your hard work will pay off.

It's Thanksgiving and I'm off to go rockhounding! Happy turkey day and be thankful we're lucky enough to live close to these mineral deposits.
DSC05743.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey MrLee. No I never got that Pistolero (scholr) out its just to big. Yeah it,s Thanksgiving I was thinkin nah it aint cool to go rock huntin today but hell if other people are doin it I will to lol. I really want to go back to that Quary at cross hill again with some tools and cut out some of those huge black 20+ pound (guestimate) Black Tourmaline crystals though! Theres somethin special about that place.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK well I found a vary interesting spot last time I was out there. I didnt post pics because they were to fuzzy but Im gonna take some good pics today I noticed this spot because its a dirt road, "Road cut" but its super mineralized sorta like the spot im usually at except its more extreme all the Quartz and felspar is covered with this intense orange, red some is even a pinkish color the mineralized zone is small maybe 8 foot by 4 foot all i know is theres a boat load of mica in it. Some of it was the black kind I think its called Biotite. Theres Muskovite to the way the Black Tourmaline is formed is wierd to. Well you,ll see Ill post in a few hours.Im headin out.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im still having some problems with my camera but heres what I managed to get DSCF0492.JPG DSCF0494.JPG DSCF0495.JPG DSCF0504.JPG DSCF0506.JPG DSCF0509.JPG DSCF0510.JPG DSCF0512.JPG DSCF0514.JPG DSCF0515.JPG DSCF0516.JPG I need to get down to home depot and get stuff to make A screen to sort through this material or else theres really no point.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that its diggin season again I think for now I,ll just bounce back and forth between this spot and the other.When I post pics I need input, Burnt , EU, Guys,
I,ll take some pics from farther back so you can see the whole spot overall . And try to fix the color in my cam. Its actually raining rite now thats vary rare around here unfortunately.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I think we got a total of like 3 to 4 inches last year. Hardly ever see any kind of wildlife anymore.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I was getting some complete Black crystals out of there like 2. I did bring a littls of the material home in my bucket and just went through a bit of it looks like this: DSCF0536.JPG DSCF0537.JPG DSCF0538.JPG DSCF0541.JPG DSCF0543.JPG :tongue3: :hello:

Upvote 0

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting spot. There are pockets hiding in that mountain range, there has to be. Keep digging and keep us updated.

Have you watched the Bill McGee video or the recent himalaya mine one?

Upvote 0

Flick420

Jan 14, 2011
Very interesting spot. There are pockets hiding in that mountain range, there has to be. Keep digging and keep us updated.

Have you watched the Bill McGee video or the recent himalaya mine one?

do you have links to those, would be really interested in seeing both, did do some youtube searching and there are a bunch of cool ones

The Maine tourmaline mining video is a particularity good one ive watched a few times im watching the cruzeiro mine one atm, that is a area im particularity fond of.

Keep it up WFG, with all the rain yall are having it should wash the hills a bit and you might get lucky and something might get exposed. Im sure there are all sorts of good stuff out there, just gotta dig.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok well I doesnt look like rain so im gonna go back out there. Yeah maybe the rain from the other day washed out some dirt to expose some goodies.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread