Diggin into pegmatite.

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well heres what it looks like were im diggin lots of mineraliztion and mica found DSCF0179.JPG DSCF0180.JPG DSCF0187.JPG DSCF0192.JPG DSCF0193.JPG DSCF0194.JPG DSCF0195.JPG DSCF0199.JPG DSCF0203.JPG DSCF0212.JPG small amount of baryl 2 small yellow greenish tourmalines found a pocket here a while back that had water in it but only some black crystals blahhh.. What do you guys think?

OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Im gonna do some hiking this morning to look at some of these Quartz veins and there are many so you guys can see what im dealing with all the white thin veins are Quartz/Felspar some of the area is private property lately there has been all kinds of dirt bikes and off road vehicles i asked one of them bout a week ago if they knew if it was cool to hike around in the area I got a yes but that doesnt mean a whole lot but I have to check out this huge vein in the first 2 pix it looks like that massive Quartz outcrop people have obviously been diggin on at some point is big enough to drive a car in it looks huge so I have to go take some pictures of it! the last photo is of some kind of minning there doing across the street and about a mile away, I think there digging up some kind of construction building material what do you guys think? 9.jpg 8.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg Anyways im gonna get lots of pictures Ill post later and the pix here are rite over the hill from were ive been diggin...Enjoy. :tongue3::icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool veins! Looks like a great spot you're in. That last pic looks like a stone quarry, probably for crushed stone for construction. Do you pan for gold/minerals at all?
If so, I would see if there are any creeks near that stone quarry as well. Throughout the years of blasting and operating the quarry, they will blow out sections of the host rock for processing. If there are any streams nearby, they can contain quite a few minerals.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I have a small recirc sluice and panns thats a good idea I might try it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Im sure glad I finally hiked to that big outcropping Its frikin huge and its a big Pegmatite mine for what I dont know yet. I have to do some research on it but it was freakin awesome! Heres a lot of pics I think they say it all a few twards the end are the tail pilings theres lots of swirly, shinny books of mica and lots of beautiful smoky Quartz. It was also a raelly dangerous place it was sketchy climbing down when I did i could see all the way back on the one side and of course it went all the way through and all i had to do instead of climbing down the cliff was walk around to other side were it punched through duh. Ill have more info later today. Enjoy: DSCF0591.JPG DSCF0592.JPG DSCF0593.JPG DSCF0594.JPG DSCF0596.JPG DSCF0597.JPG DSCF0598.JPG DSCF0599.JPG DSCF0601.JPG DSCF0603.JPG DSCF0605.JPG DSCF0608.JPG DSCF0611.JPG DSCF0614.JPG DSCF0623.JPG :hello: DSCF0626.JPG DSCF0628.JPG DSCF0629.JPG DSCF0630.JPG DSCF0632.JPG 8-) DSCF0633.JPG DSCF0636.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant find any info on it at mindat website. I took a few small pieces that fit into my pocket, Of smokey Quartz and a piece what looks like it could be Topaz. I did the water drop test the water just sat there Id post a pic but I cant get clear enough photo .

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Im gonna go back and dig on my new spot later today if weather permit
s.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this is what the material looks like that I,ve recently dug out at my spot still havent found anything Its got heavy iron staining I think its iron? DSCF0653.JPG DSCF0654.JPG DSCF0655.JPG DSCF0656.JPG DSCF0658.JPG DSCF0659.JPG DSCF0660.JPG DSCF0661.JPG ???

Upvote 0

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heck of a pegmatite, be sure and look as well as peck around for any pockets and it does look like iron stain, the black appears to be schrol which is also a good sign.

Upvote 0

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck of a pegmatite, be sure and look as well as peck around for any pockets and it does look like iron stain, the black appears to be schrol which is also a good sign.

Buck, the hill is a schorl gold mine. Others have told me there is beryl there too, but I've yet to find any. Im not sure if Wil has found any either. Last time I was out there with Wil I pulled a piece of schorl out of the matrix same size as pictured below, about 3" long.
massive_schorl_crystals.jpg

Upvote 0

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mr. Lee looks like you've sure got the recipe there for beryl so keep looking, I have a similar situation on my farm but not as much schrol as you have there. My pegmatite is just below and old gold mine and I just uncovered some more of the pegmatite rock with my plow as it is shallow this past week and used my front end loader to remove most of overburden so there is still hope. The only two gems that I would still like to find at my place are an emerald & a diamond and I'm still optimistic on each.

Upvote 0

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Lee looks like you've sure got the recipe there for beryl so keep looking, I have a similar situation on my farm but not as much schrol as you have there. My pegmatite is just below and old gold mine and I just uncovered some more of the pegmatite rock with my plow as it is shallow this past week and used my front end loader to remove most of overburden so there is still hope. The only two gems that I would still like to find at my place are an emerald & a diamond and I'm still optimistic on each.

Ooooh, power tools! Now those would be fun to have out here!

The pegmatite that Wil is hunting in stretches from San Diego, the famous Pala district, all the way up to San Bernardino, about 100 miles. There are still probably tons and tons of material buried under the flat lands that never made it up like the mountainous deposits did. I hold out hope that the spot Will is digging in will produce some beryls or colored tourmalines.

Good luck on your property and show us what you got!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres more from the other day the last one is a big scorl broken piece still in the Quartz. DSCF0667.JPG DSCF0668.JPG DSCF0671.JPG DSCF0688.JPG DSCF0699.JPG DSCF0701.JPG DSCF0702.JPG DSCF0708.JPG 8-)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Piics from todays diggins I brought a couple buckets of material home gonna go in the garage n go through it. Maybe I,ll find somethin : DSCF0719.JPG DSCF0720.JPG DSCF0721.JPG DSCF0723.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my girlfriend out to the Nuevo cross hill Quary today. Heres some pics to give you an idea of how big this place is and its all "peg" DSCF0807.JPG DSCF0813.JPG DSCF0814.JPG DSCF0817.JPG DSCF0827.JPG DSCF0829.JPG DSCF0831.JPG I circled her in red to see how big it is enjoy.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread