Carbonado 2?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Zach Powell

Aug 2014
    Lexington, Kentucky
    6 times

Carbonado 2?

If you look back at my older started thread, you can see it is about a rock that was identified as either hematite or carbonado black diamond. I found the first one down in western Kentucky in driveway gravel and I have recently gone back to the same place looking for any signs of the same type of stone. The first stone is on a waiting list to be checked at the University of Kentucky geology department, if you wanted to know. But I have found a second stone with the same properties as the last, except that this one is more porous than the other. I also found this stone deep in clay mud under the gravel.

If any new people would help on trying to identify these stones look at the last thread's pictures and the one below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	1086329

I have not had the time to clean it off so this is why it has mud all over it.

se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    2096 times
    Prospecting
    Do a streak test. Rubb it against a unglazed piece of porcelain. (don't be afraid to use a bit of force)
    Do you get any colour?
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

us
    Zach Powell

Aug 2014
    Lexington, Kentucky
    6 times
    None. Just like in my last thread. :/ it's really confusing...

Jul 2014
    Sherman, TX
    Garrett GTAx 550, Garrett Pro Pointer
    102 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Have you looked up rough black spinel

Tor

Nov 2019
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by zak_0 View Post
    If you look back at my older started thread, you can see it is about a rock that was identified as either hematite or carbonado black diamond. I found the first one down in western Kentucky in driveway gravel and I have recently gone back to the same place looking for any signs of the same type of stone. The first stone is on a waiting list to be checked at the University of Kentucky geology department, if you wanted to know. But I have found a second stone with the same properties as the last, except that this one is more porous than the other. I also found this stone deep in clay mud under the gravel.

If any new people would help on trying to identify these stones look at the last thread's pictures and the one below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	1086329

I have not had the time to clean it off so this is why it has mud all over it.

Greetings: Were you able to find out from UK exactly what kind of stone this is?

Sponsored Links