zak_0

Aug 15, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
If you look back at my older started thread, you can see it is about a rock that was identified as either hematite or carbonado black diamond. I found the first one down in western Kentucky in driveway gravel and I have recently gone back to the same place looking for any signs of the same type of stone. The first stone is on a waiting list to be checked at the University of Kentucky geology department, if you wanted to know. But I have found a second stone with the same properties as the last, except that this one is more porous than the other. I also found this stone deep in clay mud under the gravel.

If any new people would help on trying to identify these stones look at the last thread's pictures and the one below.

image.jpg

I have not had the time to clean it off so this is why it has mud all over it.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do a streak test. Rubb it against a unglazed piece of porcelain. (don't be afraid to use a bit of force)
Do you get any colour?

Upvote 0

Darrow

Jul 22, 2014
Sherman, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 550, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you looked up rough black spinel

Upvote 0

Tor

Nov 17, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look back at my older started thread, you can see it is about a rock that was identified as either hematite or carbonado black diamond. I found the first one down in western Kentucky in driveway gravel and I have recently gone back to the same place looking for any signs of the same type of stone. The first stone is on a waiting list to be checked at the University of Kentucky geology department, if you wanted to know. But I have found a second stone with the same properties as the last, except that this one is more porous than the other. I also found this stone deep in clay mud under the gravel.

If any new people would help on trying to identify these stones look at the last thread's pictures and the one below.

View attachment 1086329

I have not had the time to clean it off so this is why it has mud all over it.

Greetings: Were you able to find out from UK exactly what kind of stone this is?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread