Sharing Some of my Work

xander66

Greenie
Oct 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guys, I thought you might be interested in seeing an example of my wirewrapping.
This was for a friend of mine, he gave me the piece, and I love how it turned out. Let me know what you think? Also, I don't know what the specimen is so if anyone else dooooes, I'd appreciate the knowledge!

IMG_0236.JPG

There's a crack at the bottom from me dropping it this morning :sadsmiley: but Gorilla Glue and wire seem to have repaired it. I'm trying not to beat myself up over the damage.

I'm trying to get multiple pieces done today, so I may post some more pictures later. Hope you guys like it!

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sorry about the accident! That is a great specimen! I love it. It appears to be Carnelian. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice work! I'd say its a chalcedony.

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fracture and breaks make it an interesting picture piece to me~ looks like a cotton wood or poplar tree on a dark hill. As to the stone~ a filled geode. You can see the banding of the rind and the clear circles and straits are crystals that have all grown into each other. Nice work.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
X

xander66

Greenie
Oct 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
That is so flattering that you can appreciate my mistake, I was so mad about it. Thanks DD! I have also thought it resembles a tree on the inside.
Here's another project I finished yesterday before my eyes got too tired. This one is amethyst and quartz for an old friend.
IMG_0246.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions