More stumpers from the "bag" find

The Sarmy

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm uploading a couple more of the weird rocks I found in a bag of rocks from Home Depot.

The first one I think of as the Dalmatian. The funny thing is, it's sort of furry when you feel the surface. GEDC0720.JPG GEDC0721.JPG GEDC0722.JPG GEDC0720.JPG GEDC0721.JPG GEDC0722.JPG

The second one was partially uploaded on my first post. GEDC0727.JPG GEDC0728.JPG GEDC0729.JPG GEDC0730.JPG

The last one appears to be some sort of metal, and is heavier than the others. GEDC0760.JPG GEDC0759.JPG GEDC0761.JPG

Any help in identifying these would be appreciated.

Thanks

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool specimens! I think the first set is a Dalmation Jasper or possibly very tiny Dendrites. The second has a pretty defined hexagonal crystal structure. The color swirls are wild! That has me stumped. The third set looks a lot like some of the Manganese encrusted Dolomite Shale and Sandstone I find near here. -Luke

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

The Sarmy

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey,

Thanks for the information. Yeah, I think you're right about the "Dalmatian Jasper" it looks exactly like pics online. I think it's helping to narrow down the area these came from. I think maybe the Southwest or Mexico, because of another rock from the bag. This one appears to be a "Desert or Pecos Diamond". GEDC0787.JPG GEDC0791.JPG beautiful stone, very translucent. Yeah, the second one pissed me off when I saw it, I thought - someone started eating candy and then threw it away on my rock walkway. It's very hard, and will scratch glass. What do you think the gold colored coating might be? This appears in one form or another over most of these rocks. Do you think maybe some kind of Lava flow?
It sounds like you've got the third one defined pretty well. I couldn't get any magnetism on it, so not Iron like I thought it might be.
Got any ideas on this brown stuff? GEDC0706.JPG GEDC0707.JPG

Thanks very much
Tim

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread