"Emerald"

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice EU. I personally consider any green Beryl to be Emerald but there is a lot of room for discussion there especially if the coloring agent is Chromium or Vanadium. They split the Beryl group up a little too much if you ask me. Just from yellow to green you have; Yellow Beryl, Heliodor (yellow-green), Green Beryl and Emerald. Not to mention Goshenite, Morganite, Bixbite, True Blue Beryl, etc.

A lovely cut and I'm looking forward to seeing new Beryl cuts in the future. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Eu_citzen

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks guys.

Luke,
Yes, all the hazzle for a few terms. I agree they overly complicate things, but I said so to be on the safe side of things. :)

I usually consider anything very pale green to be green beryl, everything else emerald,. But was recommended by a collector to be careful with wording until I've had it tested.
He had a lot of trouble just because he used "the wrong" terms according to some in the field of gemmology.

Helidor is yellow beryl. Aquamarine is blue beryl. Bixbite is red. Goschenite is colourless. Morganite is pinkish.
Not to mention the fairly unknown Pezzottaite. lololol

Upvote 0

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very pretty Eu....what a difference! I have a couple of emeralds but not clear like yours & much darker, a green grass color, don't think I've seen the lighter ones. You sure got rid of most of it's "garden". :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Eu_citzen

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks CK! I did get it just for the unusual clarity actually. :)
Darned near eye clean.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Eu_citzen

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I haven't, no.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread