Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN1679.JPG DSCN1684.JPG DSCN1670.JPG

Here's the finished pendant from the Polish flint I cut and polished and posted a couple of days back. The background on the back is oxidized black which doesn't show well in the photos. I will admit I get a little carried away at times, but I just hate to see a large area of plain silver on the backs of pendants. I like making them reversible, so they can be worn with several outfits, and I believe the worked backs make a more complete piece of jewelry. The back on this one is kind of an abstract rendering of the front stone pattern interrupted with a space and a garnet. My parents were artists, my father an abstract painter, and I like to do somewhat abstract patterns in my metal work. I do have pics of the piece in progress if any would like to see step by step shots of the process. I don't know if this is the proper place to post this, but I figured it goes with my lapidary work.

Attachments

• DSCN1682.JPG
    DSCN1682.JPG
    510.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Truly one-of-a-kind....

That is the kind of artistic craftsmanship I look for in a piece. It has to say; "I was made by an artist". Not just the reversible factor; but the seamless way it flows from two completely different styles of jewelry in one piece. I love it. -Luke

Upvote 0

xander66

Greenie
Oct 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Not carried away at all! Attention should be paid to all parts of a piece, and you do a great job of that!

Upvote 0

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a fine piece. You have an 'eye' and do some excellent work-- must be in the genes ;) Yakker

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread