Our first time Gem/Rock hunting, what a blast

Ashman

Apr 11, 2012
Sun City Cali
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & F75-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our first time Gem/Rock hunting, Quartz, Pyrite & something blue...

So this week I decided to put my metal detector down and go dig around some Quartz Veins hopefully. Not really knowing anything about anything other then what I could read online and different forums, off the four of us went (The wife, her sister, our 6 year old little girl and me) we went looking for gems of any kind.

We did make sure there were no claims in the area I thought I had seen some Quartz Veins of some sort.

I didn’t uncover any pockets or actual crystals but our hole is still a work in progress. But we did find some really pretty looking rocks and to me what looks like some kind of colorful stone that might even have a name for it.

So by our pictures below is there any chance we uncovered anything unique?

What an awesome time and a great way to spend the day with the family in sunny southern California, we were all into it.

Thank You for reading my post and any tips or comments is greatly appreciated.

The shinny stuff that we all wish was gold, seems to act and feel more like pyrite but that's okay because it still looks awesome to me, lol...

1bt4.JPG bt1.JPG bt2.JPG bt3.JPG bt5.JPG bt6.JPG bt7.jpg

Last edited:

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like your in a good area. Fair amount of mineralization and crystal in it. I hope you hit a pocket soon :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of colors in those rocks . Very good sign . Keep up the good work

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions