Diamonds?

BenjiDaa

Feb 23, 2015
Columbia County, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are these diamonds? What are some tests to perform? I've already done the sapphire test. The bigger ones scratched the sapphire, The smaller ones were to small to try. The small ones are in the shape of octahedrons. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428289724.806426.jpg

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I really can't tell from the pic and any pics really need to be taken in natural light to show off the true shine of Diamonds! I will say, if some or all have the appearance of the dull side of Aluminum Foil in person, then it is a good chance that any with this appearance are actual Diamonds. The one thing working against them from being natural White Diamonds, is the fact that there is really only one place in the U.S. that is known for high quality White Diamonds and that is the Crater of Diamonds State Park In Murfreesboro, Arkansas. The Lamproite (Volcanic) Pipe (formerly thought to be a Kimberlite Pipe) there has produced higher quality Diamonds than practically any other location on Earth and in Whites, Yellows, Champagnes and Browns.

Frank

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Very curious. Do you have a 10x loupe to get close ups? Did you find these in Oregon or somewhere else? Thanks! -Luke

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BenjiDaa

BenjiDaa

Feb 23, 2015
Columbia County, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not have a 10x loupe, and I did not find these rockhounding. I found them in my collection of rocks. (Which is very big). So I don't have a clue as to where they came from. I have a macro lens for my nikon, I will try to get a close up in natural light to show you guys.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I highly recommend a Belomo loupe, quite a bit better then the cheaper 5$ ones.

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You could take them to a jewelry store to be tested or a gem and mineral society. The Gem and Mineral Society of Texas will test them and certify them for $5.00 for each uncut stone or $79.99 for each facted stone. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions