WesternMassGold

Dec 20, 2013
Westfield,Ma
Detector(s) used
Garret super sluice pan,Modified Royal folding sluice w/ Goldhog mats
Grizzly Gold Trap Explorer Sluice,Falcon MD 20 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My thought is that its probably whats left of a pocket of crystallization. Not really a conglomerate but a bunch of different species of crystal that formed in a vug that has since eroded out of the host rock. Several species seem to be present though the primary appears to be garnet.

Thats my thought too. I saw pictures of the "Glasphalt Road" and it appears the glittering comes from the glass. My rock on the other hand glitters from the black part ,not the colored stones inside. You can,t even see the colors without magnification.
Also this "Glasphalt seems to be a rather new thing and the spot i found the rock is in the Boonies where no new roads have been build in a very long time.
I guess i just wait for the mineral show in August ( it kills me to wait that long). I do also appreciate everybody's input and thoughts and hope we can get to the bottom of this Mysterious Find.

Upvote 0

Strangerock69

Oct 9, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey dude, I don’t know if your still active on this site or not but I have a VERY similar looking rock that also has not been identified and has baffled everyone that has seen it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

WesternMassGold

Dec 20, 2013
Westfield,Ma
Detector(s) used
Garret super sluice pan,Modified Royal folding sluice w/ Goldhog mats
Grizzly Gold Trap Explorer Sluice,Falcon MD 20 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also, does yours or anyone’s smell like ozone? When I scratch at mine it gives off that smell.

Hi Strangerock,i just saw your post by accident.
Finally somebody with pretty much the same rock that i have. Btw,mine doesnt smell.
I have taken it to the geology dept. at the local University,to a mineral show and nobody can identify it.
How did You find your rock? I found mine while gold panning in a river in Massachusetts.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread