Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN2198.JPG DSCN2199.JPG DSCN2200.JPG
Not sure if this is the right place to post these, but I did cut the gem silica and the snowflake obsidian.
Made this with a little gem silica (silicified chrysocolla), used a lot of gold, setting is 7.2 grams 14K, all parts handmade.

DSCN2201.JPG DSCN2202.JPG DSCN2203.JPG DSCN2204.JPG DSCN2205.JPG DSCN2206.JPG

A reddish jasper, snowflake obsidian, and a crazy one with three carnelians. I guess I do get carried away sometimes as with the carnelian ring. I didn't cut the jasper or the carnelians. All parts, bezels, backings and ring shanks made by hand from sheet and wire. These three are sterling. It was a fun few days making these, every step went nicely and I didn't have any solder overruns or other failures. Possibly future finds for the metal detecting folks!!

Rasputin

Dec 11, 2008
Ho Hum Hollow, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Beautiful work. Personally, I collect gemstones. I wanted to get into silver and goldsmithing but my wife nixed that---said I had too many hobbies already. I tried to convince her it naturally was part of gemstone collecting but she wasn't having any of that!

Upvote 0

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like fine work there :occasion14: Thanks for sharing the results here :coffee2:

Upvote 0

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You certainly do some beautiful work-- really. The future wearers of those are lucky, lucky people!
Thanks for showing us your fine craftsmanship and art.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
gunsil

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thank you all for your compliments. They are all headed to market, I do have to sell such things to get the buckos to get materials to make more. I don't make that many rings any more for stores or galleries because they only fit a few customers compared to necklaces which often fit many. I tend to like thick bands and they are basically impossible to re-size so I prefer to make rings to order since I can make them to a person's exact size.

Rasputin, you just have to make her a couple of pieces of custom made just for her jewelry and she probably will repent. A lot of my finest pieces have been made for girlfriends, nothing like a pretty woman for inspiration and a who cares attitude when it comes to how many hours go into a unique piece.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread