Really Cool

Tammy Lee

May 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just started hunting artifact's a few month's ago . I found this a few day's ago . Can anyone tell me what it is and how it was used. I have found some really good piece's along with this uploadfromtaptalk1435558452786.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435558379086.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435558509087.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435559075430.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435559133500.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435559171598.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tammy Lee

Tammy Lee

May 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha you better duck It has been altered by man The pictures aren't very good I will find out about it.

Upvote 0

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go along with what the others have said, there seems to be a polish on one end of it, but that is the wrong end for wear use. JMO. Welcome to T-net:hello:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tammy Lee

Tammy Lee

May 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahahahaha!!!!! Guess what I am on cloud nine right now Murray State University said it was a hand ax Not trying to be smart but I knew I had something!!!

Upvote 0

RockinIdaho

May 24, 2014
Idaho
Primary Interest:
Other
Good for you! I have posted a couple of things on here that I know are artifacts and they tell me they are just rocks too! Go Girl!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tammy Lee

Tammy Lee

May 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you!! I was so happy when I found out what it was I wasn't trying to be smart either I wish I had taken better picture's But hey I'm learning

Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahahahaha!!!!! Guess what I am on cloud nine right now Murray State University said it was a hand ax Not trying to be smart but I knew I had something!!!

Tammy, I'm not trying to be a smartass, but regardless of what Murray State said that is not an artifact and definitely not an Axe. Where is the blade or cutting edge? If it was used as an Axe then where is the use wear and damage from use. I will put my 50 years of collecting up against anyone. Most universities are clueless when it comes to IDing artifacts. Your pics are very clear and show no evidence whatsoever of that stone ever being used for anything. It's your's and you can believe what you want, but take it to an artifact show and see what kind of responses you get from people that have collected for most of their lives like quito, monsterrack, and myself have. You probably have well over 100 years of experience telling you it's not and artifact.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tammy Lee

Tammy Lee

May 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Grim Reaper I would love to take it to an artifacts show I actually thought about Wickliff, Ky They have a museum over there The picture's I made were really not very good But you are right about the end - it isnt sharp at all I am going to try to make some different picture's of it so you can see it a little better

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tammy Lee

Tammy Lee

May 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Grim Reaper I would love to take it to an artifacts show I actually thought about Wickliff, Ky They have a museum over there The picture's I made were really not very good But you are right about the end - it isnt sharp at all I am going to try to make some different picture's of it so you can see it a little better

uploadfromtaptalk1435641403609.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435641469707.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435641496694.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435641528574.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435641589126.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435641528574.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435641665864.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435641710405.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435641784359.jpg

Upvote 0

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't run down the university, but it would be interesting to know who you talked to there and what else they told you about the rock. Surely it didn't go down you handed it to a janitor and asked him and he tossed it back and said 'Yeah buddy, hand axe'. I would point out that OU has some folks who are very sharp at ID'ing artifacts.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tammy Lee

Tammy Lee

May 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MSU owens a site about 3 miles down the river from here I was a student a MSU It's easy to find answers when you know the right people I just started artifact hunting but Ive been around it all my life I never had time before I know that I dont have near the experience that you do - I respect you for that- I can be very hard headed at times- I think I might have come off as a smartass which was not my intentions I also know that I have a lot to learn but I do believe my Proff. I wish I could show you this piece I dont want to make you mad I value your knowledge I promise you this isnt just another rock I wish now I had never put those pictures on here

Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most museums are a waste of time. A lot of times the curators really don't have a clue about what an artifact is or isn't. Your best option would be an artifact show so you could show it to collectors that have years of experience finding and handling artifacts. Like I said, your pictures are very clear and show the piece really well. I still see no evidence of it ever being altered by man or utilized in any way.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tammy Lee

Tammy Lee

May 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to go to an artifact show The museum I was talking about is at the Wickliffe Mound's It is nothing like the Smithsonian's. I know you know alot more about this than I do Hey I did find a pendant today or thats what I think it is I will post a picture Please tell me what you think

Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What part? There is a show every year at Kentucky Dam and there is also one in Ripley Ohio every February which is just across the river from Maysville.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tammy Lee

Tammy Lee

May 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ky Dam is just down the road I live about 20 miles away from the dam I grew up on Blood River which is a branch of the Tn river i never thought about artifacts growing up My son found some excellent arrowheads on the cove I grew up on

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread