Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Tammy Lee

Tammy Lee

May 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh look It looks like a fish but that is just your imagination YEAH RIGHT!! Well that one isnt mine Got it off the internet

Upvote 0

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh look It looks like a fish but that is just your imagination YEAH RIGHT!! Well that one isnt mine Got it off the internet

Just because you can find others who are making the exact same mistake you are does not mean that you are somehow correct. You just need to learn to distinguish natural from man made, or worked by man. So far, you just don't seem to be trying hard. The answer is not: you have been right all along, and the people trying to help you out on this forum have all been wrong. Nope, that is just not the case at all. You just need to learn. To facilitate that, you need to give up the effort to convince people that natural geofacts or nature made effigies are any more then just that, natural. You're mistaken, accept that fact, and begin to learn. The next step is yours. At the moment, you're fighting against the tide, which won't help you at all, IMHO......

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moving to rocks forum, not an artifact.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tammy Lee

Tammy Lee

May 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
uploadfromtaptalk1436634836372.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1436634864312.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1436634930138.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1436634973373.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1436635015614.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1436635053692.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1436635107286.jpg I know Im not right on everything But I am sticking to my guns on this one I know that my fish have been created by someone Yall act like Im really stupid I dont understand how yall can call it just a rock created by water The bottom is completely flat The next little section goes from the bottom up to his mouth at a 45 degree angle Now the fin on the back comes up from the bottom and is
completely flat there The top dorsal fin is flat on top also Now from the dorsal fin to the tail fin has been worked to I will getting it looked at in Nov. at Ky Dam I know how the angles are on this piece , where the side fin and even an eye have been placed I dont know where you live but your more than welcome to come here and hold them and really get a good look at it And I do listen to what yall say If I am wrong I will apologise

Upvote 0

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tammy, here's a fact you can take to the bank. Native Americans could craft an image in stone as well as any other culture in human history/ prehistory. They were no less artists then the artists of any other time and place.

From this, a certain rule of thumb develops. If you have to guess, if you have to ask at all if a stone is a man made image or a natural image, then the odds are overwhelming that the image is in fact natural. You won't have to squint, use certain lighting, and most important, you won't even have to think about it. Any more then you would ask if a statue carved by Michelangelo was a trick of nature.

With these thoughts in mind, here's a little froggy lookin at ya. Now, honestly, do you even have to ask if this is a trick of Mother Nature?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Do you have to ask if this is man made or nature made?

Although it's not your intention, the rocks you're suggesting were fashioned by prehistoric Native Americans is actually insulting to their artistic abilities.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moving to rock forum,...

Upvote 0

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll never understand why some folks insist they know more then people with decades of experience. And when presented with that fact, they just ignore all suggestions and carry on. The stubborn insistence that they have absolutely nothing to learn just baffles me. Why bother even asking, if, one, you're convinced you already know the answer, and two, you have no intention of even trying to learn? What a waste of time trying to help you......

Upvote 0

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now Tammy Lee... that's just plain nasty.

I think the problem you're finding here, is that there's a fine line Between Tammy Lee, and Spammy Lee.

If you post hundreds of times saying Is this a rock? Is this a rock? Is this a rock?... it kinda fills up the board with the same question over and over and over.

Maybe you could get a book from the library, that teaches you a little about native American artifacts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Tammy, you are entitled to believe what you like. When you ask the opinions of others, you get exactly that. Your last post on this thread would, in many forums I participate in, result in an immediate ban.

Please understand that getting angry will not change the opinions of others. Especially those of considerably more experience. I would suggest that you join, or at least attend meetings of, a local rock or lapidary club. Also please consider taking you "artifacts" to a university department or a museum that has staff that are familiar with such things.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tammy end the insults now.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread