pink diamond found using one of my jigs

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Attachments

• Oliver diamond.jpg
    Oliver diamond.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 249
Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can't talk about location...sorry.
Jim

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Really cool! You can imagine I'm jacked. These are good guys...they work hard. Hope they find a boatload. They absolutely love my jig!
Jim

Upvote 0

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first saw this, my brain said "sapphire" but when I look at the close ups of it, it looks more "greasy" AWESOME find! Any possibility of posting a weight?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup...though the whole jig doesn't jump up and down...LOL, If you go to my channel, the jig is actually the one shown in the video under "jig kit prototype".
Jim

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Jim, was the jig the one that jumps up and down?
Oh....HV, you're thinking of the first dry jig. No, they were using one of the water units. I haven't sold any plans or machines in the dry jig line....not even offering any yet. Have lots more testing to do. I want things right before I sell plans or machines.
Jim

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When I first saw this, my brain said "sapphire" but when I look at the close ups of it, it looks more "greasy" AWESOME find! Any possibility of posting a weight?
They never mentioned the weight.....they're being pretty quiet about the whole thing. I didn't want to ask too many questions.
Jim

Upvote 0

Zee

Oct 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Infinium, Garrett Pro Pointer(x2), 30" Bazooka Prospector, Scuba Gear
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is really cool. Pink diamonds are worth a ridiculous amount of money from what I've heard.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, sadly for my customer, the gem isn't diamond. But, the good news is it's gem-grade spinel, which itself can be worth from $100 to $1,000/carat in finished stones. Not diamond, but considering how many they are recovering, not too bad, either. They still have several kimberlite intrusions to prospect and test.
Jim

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread