Interesting crystal Rocks ?

testlab

Nov 1, 2015
NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, Prospectors!

I found this crystallized rock along with other types, look at the crystal structure its five sided and black i have never seen this type of crystal besides the quasicrystal.
Can anyone tell me what type of crystal this is? Ill try to take a better closeup.

20151105_143754.jpg 20151105_143652.jpg 20151105_143442.jpg

In addition I found this one under a tree trunk. It is very powdery, crystallized grey/blue rock. I also found couple of stones on/in of the rock anyone familiar with this too? I look all over google and saw similar but not enough to match.

KIMG0149.jpg KIMG0151.jpg KIMG0150.jpg KIMG0154.jpg KIMG0158.jpg KIMG0156.jpg

Thank you so much you guys are the best!

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The latter picks look like small pieces of beryl, aqua & heliodor. The blue/grey rock looks like a lithium rich rock where those beryls come from.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

testlab

Nov 1, 2015
NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those small crystal stones came inside and outside the Blue/Grey rock. When I look into the host rock there are so many crystals that make it up. Most of them crumble off and some are hard to get out. These blue/grey rocks came from a hole I made in my backyard. They all were stuck under a big thick root from the tree. There is 1 more big rock that i can slightly see under the root but I just cant get it out as I will need chain saw to cut the root. The tree is very old and big that will cost me about 6,000 to remove lol as for what the estimator appraised me, no wonder why the property builders left it in my back yard lol. I found other interesting rocks that Im going to be taking pics of.

Thank you

Upvote 0

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put my on a plane and I'll dig it out for you, but I get to keep half of what we find. Nothing stops a dedicated rock hound, gem hunter, except maybe a good hangover.

Seriously, those are most likely beryls. I would dig, cut, burn, whatever I needed to do to find out if there is more down there. You don't just find those in the middle of nowhere. There is a pegmatite dike somewhere growing those things. Be very careful digging them up as you don't want to damage the specimens. Take your time, even if it takes a year it could be worth it.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread