Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone first time in this section
hello.gif
Found this strange rock not Native to RI..I think?
It appears to have an elongated skull and is contoured to fit a human hand perfectly any way you hold it..
Is it me or is this strange?Someone suggested Native American i did find it in Narragansett territory..

~Blaze~

Attachments

• P1080001.JPG
    P1080001.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 158
  • P1080002.JPG
    P1080002.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 146
  • P1080003.JPG
    P1080003.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 138
  • P1080004.JPG
    P1080004.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 148
  • P1080005.JPG
    P1080005.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 149

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would be no help on weather its an artifact or not. Way out of my area. But the person I would be inclined to listen to his thoughts, is Charl (member).

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, just a rock..... I found hundreds like yours that fit in my hands perfectly, just mother nature at work...

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for all the comments i actually found it at a house i remodeled..It was in Narragansett Indian territory beside the front step along with other stones and 6 or 7 arrow points..Somebody was collecting them over the years and putting them there..

~Blaze~

Upvote 0
OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bezoar

just a wild guess, but were there cows around? check out the pic on this page.:dontknow:

not an artifact, but unusually high polish.
That is some interesting stuff right there!
I will say this if you had this stone in your hand you would think differently..All the grooves match your fingers,your palm,your entire hand.
I metal detect woods and gold pan streams to try and find gold sifting stones all day and looking but i have never seen a stone quite like it around here..
Whoever found it and put it there could also tell simply,something is quite different here.

~Blaze~

Upvote 0

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah I feel the same way. ..the person who put it there her name is mother nature

Upvote 0
OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Someone on Project Camelot forum suggested Labradorite..
After looking it might be..

Upvote 0

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Native Americans have been known to carry certain stones around. A Glorieta meteorite was carried here by the people of the Pojoaque Pueblo for what was reported to have to have been a very long time and obviously handled. Report from the 50's.

I don't see Labradorite. The stuff I have is very irredesant and glows.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it could have been a Native American stone. Better light would help as far as the mineralization, it appears to be fossilized sea floor (basalt) with Quartz, polished by glacial movement.

Upvote 0

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453573444.995159.jpg

This one is shaped very suggestively like a giant tooth or claw. It is fossilized sea floor, basalt.
The shapes are not the same, but the color, polished surface, and fracture lines seem to be, is this similar to yours?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1263829

This one is shaped very suggestively like a giant tooth or claw. It is fossilized sea floor, basalt.
The shapes are not the same, but the color, polished surface, and fracture lines seem to be, is this similar to yours?

Bingo you got it i found it at a cabin right on the ocean..I think it was used or carried by a Narragansett Indian as it was in there territory in Narragansett..
I also think it was shaped by them..It just fits a human hand to perfect..Thanks for proving some of these clowns wrong!:laughing7:

~Blaze

Upvote 0

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in Cowesette (spelling?) last summer. Just a fun fact, but hang on to that rock. It's not worth money, but still cool and was most likely carried as they used it as healing stones. It's millions of years old but no more than 200 million according to Google, which I don't see how anyone came up with that number. And I would bet it was carried sometime within the last 18,000 years as glaciers retreated north and deposited it in Rhode Island. I still can't wrap my head around anything lasting 200 million years, not to mention stone tools being 300k years old and still sharp. The basalt I posted, I found it on my property in Ohio, along with some other wild **** that raises serious questions with the timeline modern science has given.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
I was in Cowesette (spelling?) last summer. Just a fun fact, but hang on to that rock. It's not worth money, but still cool and was most likely carried as they used it as healing stones. It's millions of years old but no more than 200 million according to Google, which I don't see how anyone came up with that number. And I would bet it was carried sometime within the last 18,000 years as glaciers retreated north and deposited it in Rhode Island. I still can't wrap my head around anything lasting 200 million years, not to mention stone tools being 300k years old and still sharp. The basalt I posted, I found it on my property in Ohio, along with some other wild **** that raises serious questions with the timeline modern science has given.

Cool man did you see my post where someone said they were used by the Native Americans to polish pottery?

~Blaze

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread