Quartz/quartzite/silver vein?

Swhite2015

Feb 4, 2016
Vancouver Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpeg Hello,
This is my first post to this site.. I found a nice rusty quartz/quartzite vein and thought I would share a couple photos.. I'm no rock expert but thought these were beautiful. image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mineralized for sure, but why do you think it is silver? Hard to tell from the pictures (or it might be my PC), but also looks like might be chalcopyrite.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Swhite2015

Feb 4, 2016
Vancouver Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of the samples I collected had fools gold(pyrite) but the one piece was very silvery in colour compared to the others and didn't seem to flake off when I took a metal pick to it? I'm really not sure..

Upvote 0

Rockhunter1620

Feb 1, 2012
S.E. Mi.
Detector(s) used
F-75 S.E.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are you by any chance in Nevada? Take that piece of quartz in pic #2 an have it assayed. Don't be surprised ifn the report comes back silver/copper/gold 1+ oz. per ton. IMHO
(Gold rides an iron horse)

RH

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Swhite2015

Feb 4, 2016
Vancouver Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few more pieces.

image.jpeg I'm actually on Vancouver Island, Canada. Very mineral rich here. I found some more pieces like the second one.. I will have to get them checked out I guess.. Here's a pic of a couple more pieces. The biggest has a mix of fools and the silvery looking mineral.. Thanks.. Even if it's all fools.. My wife wants to make some into jewelry so we will find a use for it:)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Swhite2015

Feb 4, 2016
Vancouver Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few more pieces.

View attachment 1272657 I'm actually on Vancouver Island, Canada. Very mineral rich here. I found some more pieces like the second one.. I will have to get them checked out I guess.. Here's a pic of a couple more pieces. The biggest has a mix of fools and the silvery looking mineral.. Thanks.. Even if it's all fools.. My wife wants to make some into jewelry so we will find a use for it:)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions