image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 136

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the party. I love your finds and the state you landed in. I know there are some on here who will help with your Id's and Verifications. Good Luck and keep on hunting them rocks.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

Ryan E.

Tenderfoot
Feb 22, 2016
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always! Unless I notice my metal detector getting jealous. I feel really dumb actually, because these are things I put on the mantle to remind me of the past. Most of the ones in the picture are irrefutably authentic. Due to obvious tooling (damn I feel dumb) I just can't find anything like them on line. They are eye catchers, that's why I grabbed them. Two of them are what I would call fancy for the day, I mean who rolls around with a flashy garnet studded tool that flashes silver? Maybe the Liberace of Stone Age. Haha.

Thx for the welcome,
-Ryan

Upvote 0

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little collection!
I am not saying that they are, but a couple of those items in the lower right look quite similar to gastroliths (dinosaur gizzard stones). Did you find them in a more or less arid area?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

Ryan E.

Tenderfoot
Feb 22, 2016
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. And I forgot...those were given to me by my mom with some sea shells as well. She bought them at a garage sale. You may think me crazy but, I don't think they knew what they were selling and mom didn't know what she was buying. The handle like a cobble or napping stone. But wait I'm new!!
I don't want you to think me crazy but, I found these stones a dusk this evening and I about wet myself!!!! There is sooo much more where I found these I want to go back with a flashlight. With ought a doubt these have all been tooled to be ergonomically pleasing and some seem to have more than one use. What did I stumble across? Sorry I have to post pics in forum. Please check em out if you got some knowledge to share.

Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have many rocks just like those Ive been storing them for years in my yard. They are for sale to some one who knows what there looking at.

Upvote 0

Greenie
Apr 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pyrite?

Found this is Golden, Colorado. I think it's Pyrite if I'm spelling that correctly. Can someone please verify?.
Thanks you

Attachments

• IMG_7895.JPG
    IMG_7895.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5280 you have what appears to be some arsenopyrites. A streak test and quick sniff after you do it, you'll probably smell sulfur like a match after you strike it, should verify it. Welcome to the forum. In the future please post as your own thread as this thread has been inactive for some time and makes it difficult to pick out your question~ as well as being a courtesy here to let old dogs lay down. DD

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread