mystery rock

chicken baby

Feb 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This blue white and red rock was found in an indian campsite 20-30 away from King's Quarry in Pennsylvania. It was found with a jasper cache. It doesn't look like anything I've seen in Pa . I'm thinking Flint Ridge Ohio but I've never seen any flint ridge with exactly these colors. the three pieces fit thogether and appears to have been heated. the arrowhead cache was made from some rare jasper as well. any idea what the red white and blue rock is?

Attachments

• mystery stone.jpg
    mystery stone.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 139
  • jasper cache.jpg
    jasper cache.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 144
  • varigated jasper found in indian campsite.jpg
    varigated jasper found in indian campsite.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 122
OP
OP
C

chicken baby

Feb 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't make the arrowheads . I found them with the red white and blue rock.

Upvote 0

Backcountry

Jan 8, 2016
Bon Echo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A cache of arrowheads, how cool... It kind of seems like that stone might be source material to make more, looks a little similar to a couple of the arrowheads.

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like jasper but could be flint/chert mix as that can have blue looks as well. As to where it originated that's hard to tell unless someone more familiar with the regions ancient tribes can speak on it or maybe a local rock hound.
You and others are probably aware that indians traded such materials and your find may have traveled a long way much as you suspect Ohio. Neat find that :)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread