What is this rare 2 stones?? Please Id

gemmy59

Jan 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any idea of this deep green stone..size 45x45x40mm conchoidal fracture
image.jpeg

How about this thing a bluish like unpolish stone.. Reflicts at a particular angles. 17x15x10mm
image.jpg

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
The green stone appears to possibly be Nephrite Jade and even the bluish stone could also possibly be a different colored Nephrite Jade as well.

Frank

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
#1 Glass slag?
#2. Granitoid?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

gemmy59

Jan 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at the construction site where sands and gravel dumped. that green stone looks like a plastic at first look in actual. that blue stone are more crystals..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
at the construction site where sands and gravel dumped. that green stone looks like a plastic at first look in actual. that blue stone are more crystals..

gemmy59... Sometimes the state and or region narrows down the potential candidates of types of stones and/or gems.

Frank

Upvote 0

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
The green stone probably nephrite, and a great stone for further work if you've lapidary equipment. If you've from northern CA, could easily be nephrite. Boulders of the stuff off-shore.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

gemmy59

Jan 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im from Philippines.. i also have jadeite but that nephrite is so different from common jade.. i have more stones that i think its really rare and valued, especially corundiums. Sir/ Maam, is it really safe to send rough stone to GIA for certificate? or I just let buyers to see it personally for ID it? I need registered GEmologist from Asia or in Philippines.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
/../ or I just let buyers to see it personally for ID it? I need registered GEmologist from Asia or in Philippines.

From a faceters point of view...

You need to know what your selling. You won't last long on the market if you don't, its considered unprofessional.

Gemologyonline is an excellent tip.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread