Digging into Pegmatite 3.

wilfndgold1

May 28, 2016
san jacinto ca
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I havent posted in awhile Ive recently moved. Plus my other pc took a dump. Now I live near Bautista canyon, Cahuilla mountain that area, (he he). Anyway tomorrow im gonna go check out a new area were theres a hell alot of pegmatite Temescal plut
on. (see photos.) Ill take pictures post them when I get back. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold1

May 28, 2016
san jacinto ca
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd check the red circled one's top as to tell if the quartz point broke off, or if it's a flat-ish termination.
If the latter, it may be suited for further identification.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold1

May 28, 2016
san jacinto ca
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I went around to the side were it has all that heavy Orange, Red colors. Its mostly dirt with Peg here and there inside it you can see were I took some whacks at it with my pick. To see if maybe I can get lucky and find some pockets. As I dug further in it started to get wet and even some mud you can see the crazy colors, There is a lot of Biotite Mica in it everywere. Didnt find anything but I still have a bucket full in the garage I havent checked. I dont know if it would be a waste of time to keep diggin there since its mostly dirt? 8-) ool 018.jpg ool 011.jpg ool 015.jpg ool 014.jpg ool 019.jpg ool 017.jpg

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clay is common to find inside pockets, certainly worth giving it another go.

Upvote 0

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clay is common to find inside pockets, certainly worth giving it another go.
In the peg I am digging, whenever I start to encounter clay, especially the red clay, I start to find points, so I agree with Eu citzen! I will admit, this last weekend, I found a big pocket of red clay, and there was nothing in it, super disappointing for all the work I did, but so far I am 6 for 7 on my clay pockets producing......

Upvote 0

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not want you to think I am hijacking your thread, I just wanted to show you what I look for in my pegs, the pics actually did not turn out like I wanted, but I definitely wanted to show you kind of what I mean by what I find, (if that makes sense ). I tried to picture the clay here, (circled the spot in green) It is super sticky stuff, I have to soak alot of the crystals in room temp. water with a little dish soap to get the clay off the crystals. As you can see, (hopefully), I started finding some clay and it opens up into this pocket where you can kind of see crystals popping out!
attachment.php
attachment.php
(Before and after pic, before with the clay, after when the clay is mostly removed)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold1

May 28, 2016
san jacinto ca
Primary Interest:
Other
This is all I found today . Its really blue though compared to the other finds. 032.jpg 033.jpg 8-) I didnt find it in that clay area it was inside some Quartz.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great! You find one, you're gonna find more. You're perseverance out there has been great to follow. Keep it up!

Upvote 0

dtinhb

Apr 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know if you're ever up for some company on one of your trips, maybe I'll head out with you! Good Stuff!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread