kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know about looking for gems, but you can easily make your own classifiers using plastic buckets and standard hardware cloth. They're not the "perfect" classifier, but they're cheap.

You can also just drill holes in the bottom of a bucket - though not so many that it won't handle any weight.

Upvote 0

Rasputin

Dec 11, 2008
Ho Hum Hollow, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You don't need a classifier at all at the "Crater." All you need in a gold pan. You swirl the concentrates in the gold pan until they are clean and then you quickly flip the pan upside down onto the ground. Any diamonds will then be on top of the pile--just look carefully.

Upvote 0

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems I remember watching a show one time that was from that Arkansas diamond mine, and that they were using a classifier. Maybe to clear away the larger rocks? ...Yes, seems like they were classifying off anything above about 3/4" or so.

Upvote 0

Rasputin

Dec 11, 2008
Ho Hum Hollow, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well, I did use a home-made classifier with quarter-inch hardware cloth over my gold pan, now that you mention it. I had forgotten about it, It was a long time ago! But I don't see a need for multiple classifiers.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SorenCoins

Apr 5, 2015
Parker, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go Find 60, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yes, I remembered they have serucas there. I will just bring my gold pan. Thanks Guys!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread