Forum

JasonG

Nov 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
GPZ, GPX, CoRe, GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Reddit geology sub is fairly active and has more technical discussion and quite a few trained geologists and students, but it's not really a forum.

Upvote 0

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to Mindat alot but, not sure if it is more active than this one, it definitely has more info to find though!

Upvote 0

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I go to Mindat alot but, not sure if it is more active than this one, it definitely has more info to find though!

Mindat is a great source. Most people here are not that involved in geology, more in finding stuff.
Sometimes a tad embarrassing like "dumpster diving".
I mostly go to this forum as it can be challenging.
I would like this forum to be even more active. It seems to be hitched to the weather or other events. When people hunt rocks
they aren't computing.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, as said, this isn't strictly a geology forum.
I frequent this forum mostly because metal detecting in Sweden has become harder locally. (law-wise)
As a "regular", I've not yet had the heart to give up this TNet as a whole.

Upvote 0

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, as said, this isn't strictly a geology forum.
I frequent this forum mostly because metal detecting in Sweden has become harder locally. (law-wise)
As a "regular", I've not yet had the heart to give up this TNet as a whole.

I'm glad your here. You offer some of the best information we get and I've learned a lot from your remarks..
BTW anyone know where DD Dancer is?

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm around hvacker just not real active on forums right now. Work is keeping me preoccupied and most of the time I've only time to skim the posts. Hehh, usually in my hour before work in the morning~ when I get to writing it makes me lose track of time and I can be rather wordy ;) So few off days right now and most of that spent sleeping in and on chores. Thanks for thinking of me though.

This forum is the most active that I know of for geology as well as a wide range of other interest's for recovery of things that people consider valuable. One reason I like it well enough to haunt it. Here in the rocks forum I find alot of challenge trying to figure out whats being looked at and get alot of information as well from like minded members as well.

Upvote 0

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm around hvacker just not real active on forums right now. Work is keeping me preoccupied and most of the time I've only time to skim the posts. Hehh, usually in my hour before work in the morning~ when I get to writing it makes me lose track of time and I can be rather wordy ;) So few off days right now and most of that spent sleeping in and on chores. Thanks for thinking of me though.

This forum is the most active that I know of for geology as well as a wide range of other interest's for recovery of things that people consider valuable. One reason I like it well enough to haunt it. Here in the rocks forum I find alot of challenge trying to figure out whats being looked at and get alot of information as well from like minded members as well.

Good to hear.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Moesia

Oct 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Pleased to meet you. You all seem to be nice people.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread