Curious about factors that make gem quality jade from WA, if their is such thing.

ganjagold

Jul 10, 2015
Marysville wa
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter elite 2200 with the bounty hunter professional headphones that have seperate volume control for each speaker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this peice of what I believe to be jade in Arlington washington, the property I found it on is ancient streamed of the stillaguamish river. Well I was digging a hole for one of my pot plants this summer, in the quarter sized (ect sized) gravel and when I got about three feet deep I noticed this rock. It looked nothing like it does now, due to me putting countless hours of sanding on it. The rock used to have a thick whitish coating on it that sanded off fairly easily, though it was like at least a quarter inch thick in most spots. Once I got the outer coating sanded off on one spot of the rock, I noticed its true beauty on the inside. I couldn't believe that this whitish, powdery, ugly looking rock had this amazing looking shiny, semi-transparent, (meaning I can see into the green stone with a flashlight about maybe a quarter inch), green stone hidden inside of it.Well I kept sanding and sanding for hours until I got to the point were the sand paper I was using was degrading itself because of the hardness of the green stone. Garnet sandpaper is the only thing i found that would sand any further, so I stopped there and polished it and WOW I couldn't believe the shiny this green stone had gotten.The shine reminds me of the shine water gets when its perfectly stand still, just amazing. Anyway it weighs around, I think it was 369 grams, it's really cold to touch, super hard material any metal that rubs on it gets scratched itself instead of scratching the stone. I can't see thru the stone even with a light behind it, but, with a flashlight I can see into the green stone,it's hard to tell how far but visibility depth looks to be about a around a quarter inch maybe a 8th an inch, now because of that, if I were to cut the stone in say 1/2 or 1/3 rds I almost guarantee that the slice would be see thru with a light, now wouldn't that be a major quality in gem worthy jade ?I just want to know if this peice I have is of any value and if it is or could be, what I should do with it. If anybody wants to see any pics of it, I can send you some pics thru text message if you have a cell phone and will provide your phone #. Please and thank-you. Sincerely: Christian H.

MartyRocks

Dec 12, 2015
Nevada desert
Detector(s) used
None yet.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would really help... is to add a picture here in the forum. As "they" say, a picture is worth a thousand words. :)

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not real sure why one would have to request a picture via the phone or even the net for legitimate purposes when one could simply upload one here.
Whats described sounds more like chrysoprase as its often coated in a mineral jacket of decomposed material and chalcedony. It also shows good lucidity.
chrysoprase.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread