Interesting rock or something

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walking around the woods in Eureka Springs Arkansas and stumbled , literally, upon on this.
Not sure what the blue would be.
Good size, my foot is 10.5 (only thing I had to measure with). I left it there since I was walking a dog and my four year old was running wild.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488827353.555353.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488827365.413839.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488827377.972578.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488827390.217360.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488827407.307711.jpg

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the world of the templar or Jesuit.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
OP
OP
PennyG

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the world of the templar or Jesuit.

You said that about my other rock post. lol seriously doubt a stone mason used this stone to depict where a treasure is buried. I'd like to think the rock is the true treasure.
Besides Jesuits used animals on their stones. No animal on this stone. Does sorta look like a dead fish.

Upvote 0

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You said that about my other rock post. lol seriously doubt a stone mason used this stone to depict where a treasure is buried. I'd like to think the rock is the true treasure.
Besides Jesuits used animals on their stones. No animal on this stone. Does sorta look like a dead fish.
They used more than just animals. And they still could be on that one. It's all how the sun hit it and what time of yr. There are many different types of stones work. I know their work well. The rock is a treasure itself. Get a picture from many angles that how you see it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
PennyG

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They used more than just animals. And they still could be on that one. It's all how the sun hit it and what time of yr. There are many different types of stones work. I know their work well. The rock is a treasure itself. Get a picture from many angles that how you see it.

Well then I'm very lucky to have two possible rocks used by the Jesuits. What are the odds.

Upvote 0

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of limestone, hopefully some one with better knowledge than me can help.... If it was limestone, a small drop of toilet bowl cleaner should make it bubble, as it has hydrochloric acid in it that will dissolve limestone. Be careful with it though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the size of it I would say there will be more. Don't more them just yet.

Upvote 0

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is made from limestone. I have them a my place. It must have been uncovered not to long ago. Nice find.

Upvote 0

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5adedca220b232c8123b76b4a3b066cc.jpg

This is one similar to yours. It's a beautiful stone that will change as the day and months pass. You must take photos of it often. From different angles during the day. You will be amazed at the results.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
PennyG

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5adedca220b232c8123b76b4a3b066cc.jpg

This is one similar to yours. It's a beautiful stone that will change as the day and months pass. You must take photos of it often. From different angles during the day. You will be amazed at the results.

I do see many of those on my walks. I'm more interested in what caused the blue formations or staining on the rock itself.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
PennyG

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of limestone, hopefully some one with better knowledge than me can help.... If it was limestone, a small drop of toilet bowl cleaner should make it bubble, as it has hydrochloric acid in it that will dissolve limestone. Be careful with it though.

Toilet bowl cleaner, never thought of that .

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not sure about the blue stuff either, could be a coating of some sort. Could be something else.
On a island mostly made of limestone close to me, Öland, there's been finds of Glaucophane finds. Glaucophane is a blue amphibole.

Second the thought of limestone, though. And vinegar works just as well as toilet cleaner.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
PennyG

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure about the blue stuff either, could be a coating of some sort. Could be something else.
On a island mostly made of limestone close to me, Öland, there's been finds of Glaucophane finds. Glaucophane is a blue amphibole.

Second the thought of limestone, though. And vinegar works just as well as toilet cleaner.

Limestone is everywhere out here. I'll look into the blue stuff. I tried to rule out as much as possible. I found it in the middle of the woods. No other rock like it as far as the blue and the shape.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions