Jewellery Made from Beach Rocks!

crystalif

Banned
Apr 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, I have recently been obsessed with electroforming, i.e. coating things in metal (copper)

I have collected a bunch of beach pebbles and made them into pendants, I do't think they're at all gemstones, but some have vivid colours and look pretty snazzy.

I was wondering, what kind of rocks and gemstones COULD be found on a UK beach, or any beach for that matter, so I know what to look out for on my travels.

Here's a link to my site where i post the jewellery: https://www.crystalife.co.uk

Please note that i'm not intending to advertise or sell anything through this forum, just to get some advice and share what i've made :)

Thanks,

Taylor.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Taylor, this is not geared towards you specifically, but the "supernatural gemstone/healing department" in general.
I need to vent some air.

First of all:
Many whom do reiki, metaphysical or any other kind of crystal/healing stuff should actually use gemology book and find out the definition of gemstone.
As a gemcutter I'd consider calling "Aura Quartz" a gemstone as devious at best.
And that is ignoring the fact that few state that those quartzes are treated - misleading customers!
(Actually, in the US with the FTC guidelines and the relevant laws, it might be fraud.)

When sellers are as mis- or underinformed as customers, we've got a problem.

-----------/ Rant Over/----------------

So, back to your questions Taylor

In fact, I'd suggest you get a book to learn to ID them as you find them. Perhaps read this forum and ask questions, post pictures.
Moesia has an excellent post on mineral identification.

The reason is, I think the list is to comprehensive to pile together in one post on what minerals/rocks/gemstones might be found on the UK beaches.
Not to mention beaches elsewhere!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread