Found this in the field a rock with blue and black and grey lines

rowdycrowd

Greenie
May 7, 2017
Pearl City Il
Primary Interest:
Other
What could this be and how are these lines made if any one could help me? Me and the grand daughter found a few arrow heads, and now we just can't help our selves with collecting every rock we can .. We live in Pearl City IL just bought this home, so we are are expecting lots of fun searching to come. This rock is about as big as a 50 cent piece round, and I also shared the grey rock with what looks like a sun on it.. Got many different rocks today, found a lot with bubble holes, don't know what that's about. plus some really nice greys that look crystal like accept for the shape..Almost like grey diamonds heh. unnamed (3).jpg unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (5).jpg unnamed (4).jpg unnamed.jpg unnamed (2).jpg

OP
OP
R

rowdycrowd

Greenie
May 7, 2017
Pearl City Il
Primary Interest:
Other
The penny was found on old farm we moved from same place we found gold coins ;) ~ yes all the earth has been inhabited at some point .. Smiles, this area, and south of here, is where the black hawk war took place ,all along here.
My last farm had burial mounds we often dug up bones, and when this happened (on those three mounds) we stopped and planted a fruit tree of some sort.. It too had a underground spring.. Any where there is water there was sure to be Indians nearby..Carroll county had more information on that area , struggling to find it here.
I am so thankful for all the info . I will look for that rock group.. Locals just aren't very friendly here :O ..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, i'm glad you figured it out. Any plans for it? could be turned into something beautiful.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

rowdycrowd

Greenie
May 7, 2017
Pearl City Il
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure at this point, thought bout a tumbler? I just feel very connected to it, strange but I do~ then i read how blue chalcedony has healing properties..Some Native American in these veins. So it seems right to figure a place for it in my life :D.

I dont find much or the iron they say is in this soil?? But I see a lot of rock, and sand..

Waiting to find some sand stone, but have not just yet, Some flint.

My old farm had sand stone paving the way down to the under ground crick, it's history on that farm just mesmerized me totally, i'm hoping to find that same happiness here.. Still waiting. That farm was built in 1846 alot older then this one. I dug up lots of pottery and it had many more indian tools on it~ found a pestle and mortar, spear heads, arrow head intact.. Lots of coins from 1800's plus as i said before some old gold coins.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't tumble it, it has potential in a lot of other ways of being worked. Do a little research on mineral display and ways it is worked, or even left as is sometimes. But different strokes and such, it's fun to find something you can connect with.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

rowdycrowd

Greenie
May 7, 2017
Pearl City Il
Primary Interest:
Other
DDancer ~ i found Northwest Illinois Rock Club’s 2016 Jewelry, Gem, Fossil and Mineral Show... Thank you for the door you have opened.. I never knew these kind of clubs existed(well at least, this close to home), hence why i joined this group . I was looking for others like this. I am so much better with old fashion books~ lol but time to try new things..

Thank you so much

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread