Quartz vein

Goldspeed

Oct 13, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499695892.571563.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499695908.543718.jpg what is this? I'm in Lancaster s.c. And waxhaw n.c. Found this deep down where there is a gap between the contact rock and the Quartz vein. It's very difficult to get to.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like quartz to me. I'd consider crushing and panning some if the area is known for gold.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goldspeed

Goldspeed

Oct 13, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has a greenish blue hue to it. And it's highly oxidized. Any suggestions on separating the fine gold from the black sands? I've crushed material from this vein and I've gotten a to of black sands. Pyrites and very very fine gold. Just can't separate it

Upvote 0

Rific

Mar 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has a greenish blue hue to it. And it's highly oxidized. Any suggestions on separating the fine gold from the black sands? I've crushed material from this vein and I've gotten a to of black sands. Pyrites and very very fine gold. Just can't separate it

A magnet or a touch of hand in a pan. You could also buy a stupid gold cube or blue bowl or something but make sure it pays for itself

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Crush it finer. Or try to treat the cons with hydrogen peroxide. It'll eat the sulphides I tried.
But unless you know the exact composition, treat the leftovers at hazardous waste.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goldspeed

Goldspeed

Oct 13, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to do a lot of crushing and panning. I'm also going to try hydrogen peroxide after I've panned what I've crushed. Think this will do the trick. Had my boss man at work help me build this. It's a beast. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499900792.948270.jpg

Upvote 0

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geeez, That's some tamp you got there hahah that's awesome!! Good luck!

Upvote 0

giuhalftrack

Jul 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
BFO's (DIY), Tesoro Silver, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pyrite and sulfides could be burn into oxides (like they do in old mines) but it's a very toxic proces (SO2 gas).

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goldspeed

Goldspeed

Oct 13, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I've heard of the roasting process and I'll admit it scares me to even try.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, it's better not to roast stuff.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goldspeed

Goldspeed

Oct 13, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a hydraulic mechanic I used scrap cylinder parts. If you can weld it's pretty easy to make. I actually thought about making a few and selling them but it's pretty darn heavy. It works awesome though. A lil bit to hot in this day but gonna crush when it cools off.

Upvote 0

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could be partially irradiated too, that might explain the color

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions