A

auriferous

Nov 14, 2013
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, I've looked at the MRDS as well for locations of mines but the location is usually not accurate. I poked around by Walker mine but didn't find any pyrite.

Upvote 0

sidvail

Jan 11, 2013
Cottonwood, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been up here in Shasta over a year now and still unsure of where it's safe prospect or collect. Seems like there are so many restrictions on public land and a lot of private claims to navigate. I hear Gaumer's in Red Bluff is a great resource for rock hounds. Might try them. I haven't been able to get over there yet as they are not open weekends. They have a museum also.

Upvote 0

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been up here in Shasta over a year now and still unsure of where it's safe prospect or collect. Seems like there are so many restrictions on public land and a lot of private claims to navigate. I hear Gaumer's in Red Bluff is a great resource for rock hounds. Might try them. I haven't been able to get over there yet as they are not open weekends. They have a museum also.

Use mylandmatters.org it literally has a map of all the active and closed claims. It's not hard to use it if you can use Google Earth you can easily use mylandmatters.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions