Luckiest man alive

Caleb12

Feb 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine finding someone stash of gems possibly from hundreds of years ago. That happened. Take a look for yourselves. Found this rock which weighs roughly 4 or 5 lbs rock hunting alo kn g a river. I was shocked to find these little shiny pebble type chunks inside. Dont know what they are yet but will keep you posted.!! 20180412_193619.jpg 20180412_193603.jpg 20180412_194010.jpg 20180412_194010.jpg 20180412_193710.jpg 20180412_194837.jpg 20180412_185159.jpg

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I was headed for Hoffman's wash plant site to have my gold ore processed and the truck fell into a hole. I'll trade it for diamonds :icon_scratch:

truck stuck.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you had these tested yet ? Did you re-order that Diamond Test Kit yet ?

Upvote 0

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Until they're tested, they are nothing but multi-colored quartz in puddingstone. W/o some proof- other than you yourself, you're just a sound loop saying 'diamonds, diamonds, diamonds'. It has nothing at all to do with believing. Science is not 'believing'. The hardness of a rock can be tested and proven to be one thing- or another thing. By now, you should have been able to get a tester kit and do it.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your refusal to buy a diamond tester speaks volumes about your finds. A diamond tester works the same on raw diamonds as it does on cut diamonds.

Upvote 0

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
If you want to be taken seriously then you need to educate yourself on diamonds, ( or whatever gems you collect ).
Here is a link to a site talking about Diamond testers. I copied and pasted the info so you do not have to go to the link if you don't wish to.

https://www.jewelrynotes.com/how-diamond-testers-work/

How Do Diamond Testers Work and Are They Reliable?
You might have heard that there are a lot of ways to tell whether a diamond is real or fake. The problem is that most of these methods are not 100% reliable. Using a diamond tester, however, is one of the surest and fastest ways to check if you have an original diamond.

What Are Diamond Testers?
A diamond tester is a portable device that you can put in your pocket. The tester has a small, needle-like tip that needs to be placed on the stone tested. If the diamond is real, the device indicates that on its display or with a sound signal.

A diamond tester checking a ring stone for authenticity

How Diamond Testers Work
Diamond testers’ principle of operation is based on the fact that different gemstones conduct heat differently. Heat will pass through a diamond in a different way than it would through cubic zirconia or glass.

A diamond tester will detect the rate at which heat moves through the stone and will tell you whether it is a real diamond.

There are also testers that use electrical conductivity to test stones — they are based on a similar principle, but they use electricity instead of heat.

What Are Diamond Testers Used For?
Diamond testers are used by jewelers all the time to check the authenticity of diamonds.

If you bring in your diamond with the intention to sell it or exchange it for another one, the jeweler will want to make sure your stone is real as this is not always obvious.

Before repairing a piece of jewelry, it is also critical for a jeweler to know what the stone in the setting is since different gemstones tolerate heat, pressure and stress differently.

As a customer, it is a good idea to make the person who repaired your diamond jewelry test the stones in front of you when you are receiving them.

And if you are not sure that the gemstone you have is a real diamond, you can always go to a jewelry store and ask to have your stone tested.

How Reliable Are Diamond Testers?
Diamond testers are one of the most accurate tools to check a diamond for authenticity.

However, you should know that testers that rely on thermal conductivity can mistake a moissanite for a diamond because these two stones are very similar in the way they conduct heat.

This problem is solved by using a device that uses electrical conductivity to test stones — diamonds and moissanites conduct electricity differently.

What Makes a Good Diamond Tester?
If you’ve decided that you want to buy a diamond tester, there are several things you should be looking for.

First, make sure that the device uses electrical conductivity in order to tell a diamond from a moissanite. The latest models available on the market combine heat/electricity testing for greater accuracy.

Another good feature is having a metal detector that signals if you accidentally touch part of the metal setting instead of the stone.

If your tester doesn’t recognize metal, it can indicate that you are holding a real diamond when you unknowingly touch the setting, even if the diamond itself is fake.

Attachments

• Do diamond testers work.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Attached are some Diamond testers I casually found on both E-Bay and Amazon. These testers run anywhere from dirt cheap up to several hundred dollars, it just depends on how involved you want to get. They start around $ 7.29 and go up from there. Spending that small amount to confirm your findings is a no brainer. I imagine EVERY diamond hunter out there has a test kit unless he has spent years studying diamonds.

Diamond test kit a.png Diamond test kit b.png Diamond test kit c.png and this is a link to E-Bay Diamond Testers where you will find a whole slew of them.
https://www.ebay.com/bhp/diamond-tester

Bottom line is, if diamond hunting is your passion or hobby, you need to study them and learn. Otherwise you could be wasting time hoping quartz is a diamond and have less time to actually hunt diamonds. There is NOTHING wrong with quartz. I like quartz myself.

This is YOUR quote and maybe you should try it. " If you're not learning, you're not breathing. "
Good luck and Happy Hunting .

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Caleb12

Feb 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1540052351659Image.jpg 1540116136122Image.jpg 1540115954048Image.jpg 1540115987173Image.jpg educate myself? Are you joking or just hating cuz u can clearly see that these are in fact diamonds. Maybe you should open your mind. Wake up. Havent you heard the fact that you cannot see from being blind? Clearly

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Caleb12

Feb 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caleb, you are a real gem. Keep posting your treasure.

The truth is only unwelcome from a person being afraid of the truth exposing their lies. It people spoke truth there wouldn't be sayings like "to be honest with you"...wait so everything up til now was vs. Or when someone says " to tell you the truth" or "I'm not going to lie". People are flipped on their axis from convincing themselves that their lies is truth. When they know no truth for one simple fact. They failed to seek it. Even if you do seek it at the same time you never produce it then for that person will it be impossible to find. In a world of darkness the only way for one to become of the light is that person must first produce the light. Failing to produce results in nothing ever being found. ###pavingthewayforyouaplaceyoucanstay the light of the world. Pop shots at me all you want but you're only shooting yourself. Blessed is he/she who receives these words.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Caleb12

Feb 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diamonds are forever and so is the love I found which possess

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Caleb12

Feb 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relying on a stinking diamond tester is education. LMFAO seriously? What a joke

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Caleb12

Feb 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like you need to educate yourself so you wont have to rely on something that's not guaranteed.

Upvote 0

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
The truth is only unwelcome from a person being afraid of the truth exposing their lies. It people spoke truth there wouldn't be sayings like "to be honest with you"...wait so everything up til now was vs. Or when someone says " to tell you the truth" or "I'm not going to lie". People are flipped on their axis from convincing themselves that their lies is truth. When they know no truth for one simple fact. They failed to seek it. Even if you do seek it at the same time you never produce it then for that person will it be impossible to find. In a world of darkness the only way for one to become of the light is that person must first produce the light. Failing to produce results in nothing ever being found. ###pavingthewayforyouaplaceyoucanstay the light of the world. Pop shots at me all you want but you're only shooting yourself. Blessed is he/she who receives these words.

Dr Phil Fan, huh?

Caleb...You have had the benefit of some of the most knowledgeable gem stone people TRY and help you out of the kindness of their hearts...For Free! Then you have the audacity to talk to one of the nicest like you do in these posts today and prior??

Keep collecting your quartz...Quartz are nice and look great with expoxy on walks, drives and flooring...you should have enough now for some steps.

Quartz Rocks!

Diamonds, if you are ever lucky enough to find them are forever and If you do.. these people are nice enough to tell you.

It's not very nice to insult folks who have consistently tried to help you and even go so far as to price diamond testers for you.

I do hope you find a diamond one day.

Kace

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread