Please help me identify my specimen from Washington (Snohomish county)

Miss M

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_20180407_145510001_1523138681453.jpg
    IMG_20180407_145510001_1523138681453.jpg
    769.6 KB · Views: 83

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
120 lb specimen There is little pits or caves all over the rock that appears to be oily looking clear sparkly crystal like stones growing in them. But is bluish green translucent veins. The rock is very translucent when a flashlight is held to it.

Kinda looks similar to the stuff I pulled out of herkimer diamond mine but the crystals were clear

Upvote 0

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
See my answer on your other thread regarding this rock.

Happy day! The wife brought me a large Dutch Bros 911!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Miss M

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Herkimer diamond? Crazy! I could swear it looks like diamonds. But I'm not sure what Herkimer means. I'm pretty new to the rockhound thing. It seems like there's a bunch of different stuff on this rock different colors all throughout. These pics don't do much justice. Do you know how much it would be worth of it was Herkimer diamond? And what is the difference between Herkimer and diamond?

Upvote 0

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Herkimer diamond? Crazy! I could swear it looks like diamonds. But I'm not sure what Herkimer means. I'm pretty new to the rockhound thing. It seems like there's a bunch of different stuff on this rock different colors all throughout. These pics don't do much justice. Do you know how much it would be worth of it was Herkimer diamond? And what is the difference between Herkimer and diamond?

It is not a herkimer diamond, which is really just a very pure quartz thats only found in herkimer ny. I was just commenting that it has a similar look with the crystals in a void, your could be some quartz or other crystals.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread