Dont ever take your gem you found to a jeweler.

Caleb12

Feb 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They specialize in ripping you a new one. They're not there to help you but to basically under the law rob you by switching your stone for a fake or a lesser grade by substantial margins. I advise you to not try to sell it because all it will do will drive you to point of insanity from people's audacity in totally knowing what you have isnt real which they wont even look at you as a human being but a mentally insane person.that is unleas you have people connected in certain ways from which you gain but other than that o wouldn't take it to anyone.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They specialize in ripping you a new one. They're not there to help you but to basically under the law rob you by switching your stone for a fake or a lesser grade by substantial margins. I advise you to not try to sell it because all it will do will drive you to point of insanity from people's audacity in totally knowing what you have isnt real which they wont even look at you as a human being but a mentally insane person.that is unleas you have people connected in certain ways from which you gain but other than that o wouldn't take it to anyone.

Caleb..do you realize you're taking one bad experience and then painting
all the other jewelers with the same brush?

Also, just because they tell you something you didn't want to hear
does not mean they were wrong.

Upvote 0

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
083.JPG
I took this nugget that I found to a jeweler to have a chain installed.Took detailed pix. of it before & after.And its the same nugget :)

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, really. Never had a gemologist or a geologist take my stuff to the back room and then come out with something other than what I came in with. Never had a pawn shop pull a card switch with me either but had a few low ball me. Point of fact never seen me stuff disappear from in front of me. Always been done right there on the counter, table or bench.
Reckon you weren't so lucky after all.
Nuff said, time for more coffee.

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had several items restored recently. I also had detailed pics before. Took it one of the more expensive places in town. I did get the exact items back and they did a GREAT job.

Upvote 0

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fully trust who I go to. But then, I did my research on them before I went to them!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh man this is too funny; are you saying that the person took your deco garden glass mulch and gave you back something else. Man I am rolling, this is too funny.

Tell you what, instead of taking your precious stones to pawn shops, try Home Depot or your local landscaping outfit. They have minimum wage experts working there that specialize in your stones, and they do not want yours, infact they want you to take theirs as well and will sell it cheap. Who knows you may even find some copper fittings and a hot glue gun so you can make some end bling to sell.

Best of luck to you and I can not wait to see your next find post.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions