This one has some interesting things going on

fuss

Jul 27, 2018
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this beach tumbled rock while out looking for fluorescent rocks one evening. The exterior showed only a small scattering of sodalite as opposed to most of the "yooperlites" we found so split it in half. It still has a small scattering of sodalite on the interior but also noticed a blue flash on one small section which is seen in the last image. I first noticed it using a loupe and it doesn't seem to be the same as other light scattering aberrations I have seen on many occasions while looking and quartz rocks through the loupe. I could not fully capture it in the photo as it is much more brilliant and covers a larger surface area under the loupe, it also is only blue not the rainbow of colors normally seen in quartz reflections. Just a play of light or possibly aldurescence? First and last images are standard lighting, second image is mixed with UV lighting and third image is UV only with some ambient room light Thx.

rock with soda.jpg

rock with soda2.jpg

rock with soda3.jpg

schiller3.jpg

Last edited:

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One more month and they lower the water level at the lake. I can't wait to find some UV glow ricks. That's real nice one you found. Gary

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

fuss

Jul 27, 2018
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could be a foot of snow on the ground in a month though.....ugh the thought..

One more month and they lower the water level at the lake. I can't wait to find some UV glow ricks. That's real nice one you found. Gary

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wouldn't be surprised if there was some Scheelite in the mix.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread