I bought a clloection off of CL not long ago and.....

fuss

Jul 27, 2018
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....will need help determining if any of it is "treasure" and what some of them are. The guy was a collector as a kid in the 70's and this is a mix of his collection and as well as a collection he bought a long time ago from a lapidary. So I ended up with a bunch of rough, slabs, polished stuff, sliced stuff etc.. it will take me a while to photograph them all to post, so I will just make posts as I go. I wasn't intending to buy as much of the collection as I did but an offer I couldn't refuse was made (not going to say how much). The issue from my standpoint is almost none of it is labeled so I have been guessing at what a good bit of it is. Here are a few I know what they are to start.

Water lined agate
water lined agate4.jpg

Obsidian (Apache tear)
obsidian.jpg

Some lake superior agates
agate2ab.jpg

agate8ab.jpg

agate3ab.jpg

nice fluorescent calcite shown in SW uv
orange calcite fl.jpg

orange calcite.jpg

OP
OP
F

fuss

Jul 27, 2018
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx. Ya the color is amazing in SW, and in LW it is impressive as well, ill post that to this thread in a minute.

You labeled them all correctly IMO - the first one is known as a water level agate though, but "water line" isn't wrong either I suppose :)

That calcite is the sh*&

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are really nice pieces. The Lake Superior agates are top notch.

Upvote 0

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the size or weight of that lovely banded agate (last one pictured)? Even if small it ought to be of good value, check eBay for realized prices for Superior agates and prepare to be amazed :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread