First stone in my collection cut by ME.

Rasputin

Dec 11, 2008
Ho Hum Hollow, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have collected gemstones for years and have grown tired of poorly cut stones so I took a faceting class and this 31 carat citrine is my first attempt. It would have been much larger but I kept recutting it to remove inclusions near the culet which is the WORST place to have them as they are reflected in every facet. Anyway, I had a blast learning and look forward to many more. I hope you all enjoy.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1573716150973.jpg
    FB_IMG_1573716150973.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 106
OP
OP
Rasputin

Rasputin

Dec 11, 2008
Ho Hum Hollow, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement. The cut is round Portuguese. Faceting is not hard, you just have to pay attention to detail and not mind hours of tedious and repetitive work! :tongue3: All kidding aside, it is very enjoyable and if any of you ever thought it was something you wanted to do I would encourage you to take a class. I wish I had done it 40 years ago.

Upvote 0

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks incredible!! Always wanted to learn the art of faceting. Still on my bucket list.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Rasputin

Rasputin

Dec 11, 2008
Ho Hum Hollow, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've wanted to do this. Are you using a Facetron machine? Your first looks great. Gary
Thanks. I took classes at the William Holland retreat in Young Harris, Georgia. I cut it on a Raytech Shaw because I am building a similar machine. By the way, if you are anywhere near North Georgia you can't beat their classes. 425.00 for a week of classes AND room and board. Where else can you stay in a mountain resort for a week with meals included for 425.00? I'll definitely go back next year for their advanced class. Look them up, they offer all kinds of lapidary and jewelry classes. They are great folks!

Upvote 0

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you happen to have a before and during picture.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions