billdean06

Jan 29, 2020
Clare Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minlab Equinox 800
Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking over and area with Google Earth, where I have been hunting for fire agates, I noticed kind of a blueish area. Any ideas what it would be. I was looking for an area with a little more diverse mixture of material.

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 8.00.14 PM.png

Steve1236

Sep 14, 2017
Az
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you are seeing is desert wildflowers, how I find fire agates or other rocks and minerals using Google earth is I look for mineralization, I write the coordinates down, then I go check them out. I have good results doing that, for fire agates look for mineralization, deep red brown colors mixed with a whitish or grayish rock, mixed in or right next to the mineralization.
Hope I helped,
Steve.

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll probably just have to go there and see but I suspect that the area is heavy alkali and the plants there have taken on a blue hue at the time the picture was recorded. Some desert plants will exhibit blue and red coloration depending on soil conditions at various times of the year. Or wild flowers :) Thanks Steve.

Upvote 0

Steve1236

Sep 14, 2017
Az
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DDancer the reason I say desert flowers is because two years that color purple fooled me on Google earth too lol, I went out and checked out the area and there was purple flowers everywhere, took me a couple hours to get there to :laughing7:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

billdean06

Jan 29, 2020
Clare Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minlab Equinox 800
Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Desert flowers. That would explain all the yellow I have be seeing also. Lot of fire agate here but was looking more for pink geodes which they a found here before.

Upvote 0

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do ya'll ever use "Zoom Earth?"

I have used it for a long time, really like it.

https://zoom.earth/

The site is also https, (secure)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread