I need help identifying these rocks to further my landscaping project. Thanks.

jonnyc55

Tenderfoot
Oct 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can use https://imgur.com/a/oYZs4Cm#Sm3hKpc for faster loading of enlarging the pictures :).

20200706_095026.jpg

20200706_095029.jpg

20200706_095036.jpg

20200706_095045.jpg

20200706_095234.jpg

I am making a gravel pit and I wanted to extend my flower bed rock wall and so I wanted to identify the rock type so I could buy more of the same rock as the rock wall that I currently have. I have provided in my pictures both the rock under dry and wet conditions. All the photos are good detail with different angles.

Thank you. :icon_thumleft:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like bedded limestone. Not a good choice for a building project if you want it to last. Should be fairly inexpensive though. Just don't expect it to match unless it came from the same deposit. Rock appearance varies a lot even when rocks of the same type are compared.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jonnyc55

Tenderfoot
Oct 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like bedded limestone. Not a good choice for a building project if you want it to last. Should be fairly inexpensive though. Just don't expect it to match unless it came from the same deposit. Rock appearance varies a lot even when rocks of the same type are compared.

Ah ok great thanks. I can agree with you regarding poor durability with limestone, yeah. Thanks for the tip on deposits being different, that is a good point, I've noticed something like that myself come to think of it. I'll take note of that when purchasing any limestone rocks or slabs.

Thanks I appreciate your time. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread