Petrified wood?

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
What does any one know of its value I saw a log today about 2 x 7 foot with a Guartz looking core, the gal said she was offerd 25,000 for it and had a pile behind her house worth several thousand. does that sound realistic? I know of several logs around here, havent noticed any of the quartz like stuff in them.
There may be some small sizes with that stuff in them if I look around some, theres loads of it around here. (central texas)

Most the stuff round here is kinda white looking. But there are some huge pieces, Anyone with any knowledge on it Id appreciate, thanks

T

tulecanyon

petrified wood is one of those iffy objects to value.
the red is real popular, and you can buy a 1lb. piece of that along I-40 for a few dollars.
the huge logs are worth some money, sometimes.
color and stability is everything.
the yellow logs can be worth the money she is claiming, as they are sometimes almost pure uranium.

we did an auction that contained a huge back yard, knee high, fence to fence, of the stuff, made the man about 18,000. total. there were huge chunks of the stuff, all good quality, no logs though.

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Albert, that area we hunted one morning with the house foundations and all the thick sage brush had a lot of pieces of petrified wood strewn all over it. Gather up some of that and put it on ebay and you'd be surprised how quick it is snatched up. I took a piece home with me and have had several people ask where I got it, and if I knew where they could get a piece. And it is just a little brownish yellow piece I use for a paper weight. Monty

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions