Russian searching for WW2 relics and lost Russian and German soldiers in 1941-43

Shlosser

Greenie
Nov 28, 2008
Hi people, Iā€™m really sorry for my terrible English. My name is Alexander, Iā€™m from Moscow Russia.

Iā€™m leader of the (directly from Russian) ā€œsearching detachmentā€ (briefly SD) located in Moscow. Our ā€œSDā€ called ā€œRoad Frontā€ in allusion to famous Russian chocolate factory ā€œRot-Frontā€ , but in English the name of our SD rather ā€œWar Roadā€. My friends and I searching for losted Russian and German soldiers was died on Russian battle field from 1941 to 1943. SD ā€œRoad Frontā€ is non-government and non-commercial organization of people ho interested in such form of the searching. All our equipment, autoā€™s, metal detector and more we by itself. The money to the searching expeditionā€™s to the place of battle we spend from our purse. For the searching we use metal detector like: Whiteā€™s Matrix M6 and DFX, Minelab x-terra 30 and Explorer SE, Garret ACE 250. For the deep scanning we use Whiteā€™s TM808, Fisher Gemini 3 and selfmade impulse metaldetector like PulseStar II PRO. Here some photoā€™s of our finds. If you like this, I try to translate you some story about our searching expeditionā€™s to battle field of the World War 2.

Crushed airplane (1942)

118393821.jpg

118393876.jpg

118393882.jpg

118394076.jpg

The medal "For the well working", finded with dead russian soldier:

118393959.jpg

118393962.jpg

118393971.jpg

German 5cm mortar shellā€™s:

118393915.jpg

118393918.jpg

MG-34 bulletā€™s, finded with dead german machinegewershutze:

118393778.jpg

118393787.jpg

47148290.jpg

Russian wireless tender:

118394213.jpg

German wireless tender:

118393899.jpg

118394149.jpg

Some weapon:

118394039.jpg

118394046.jpg

118394083.jpg

German porcelain:

118394161.jpg

Bullet-proof vest:

121642894.jpg

Our logo:

121735043.jpg

Our auto's:

122390763.jpg

122390864.jpg

122390885.jpg

122391013.jpg

122391025.jpg

121574645.jpg

And I'm:

121574266.jpg

I would be very much obliged to you if yā€™r show me mistakeā€™s in my English.

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
The "some weapon" is a Russian PPSH. The gun that helped drive the Germans out of your country. Very important to your nations history.
The other two look to be Mauser K98s.
You have a bittersweet hobby. On the one hand it is exciting to be digging such historic relics, on the other it is sad to find the bones of fallen comrades and enemies alike. The human toll was in the tens of thousands with unknown numbers of lost and missing soldiers on both sides. There is an endless supply of buried ordnance so be very careful with it when you find it. Here in the U.S.A there are still people being killed by unexploded shells from our Civil War which ended in 1865. Those mortars could easily still explode and be just as deadly today as they were in 1943.

What does your team do to help identify the remains you find? This is a fascinating topic for me. There was someone else here who dug war relics and was able to contact the Germans about returning the German remains. That would be the honorable thing I think.

Your English is easy to read. Not bad at all.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Awesome job you are doing. Thank you for bring history out of the ground for all to see. I believe it was Nahabit who found a German grave and reported it to the authorities. German soldiers were flown home and given military funeral at home...If I remember correctly.

English is very readable and understandable.

OP
OP
Shlosser

Shlosser

Greenie
Nov 28, 2008
Thank all off you for the good response. In the next postā€™s Iā€™ll try to tell you about our work to find the name and kinsfolk of the lost soldierā€™s whose remains we discovered.
The man who searching war relictā€™s in the Russia call ā€“ digger. I would like to present you slide-show about our expeditionā€™s, the background song of this slide-show is Russian diggerā€™s folklore. I was translated the lyrics of this song as I can.

That is URL of the slide-show: http://video.mail.ru/mail/dagurov/14/15.html

Once upon the time in the forest I met one man,
He was diging out another man,
He was looking for his medals and bulletā€™s,
He coveted his metal mutze.

Old pathfinder with serene eyes,
Your know, Who and where they were buried many years ago.
Your know, Who and where they were buried once and for all.

I asked him: where are from so much metal?
His answer was: many people were covered up with earth here,
But looking for the "Red Stars" are useless,
And the "Iron Cross's" decayed here a lot off.

He told me cock-and-bull storyā€™s:
Heavy fighting was here allegedly.
And his face with tints of the ground,
Was smirked in the plateglass shovel.

We were drinking and eating some bread crisps.
Now is quiet here and shells are donā€™t bursting.
On the stab the soul of that german sits,
And donā€™t know how come back to Dresden

Once upon the time, I met in the forest one man
He was diging out another man...

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
That huge mine at 1:41 into your slideshow would have caused a dark patch in my pants if I had found it.
The closest thing to that we have here in America is Civil War battlefields and they are off limits for digging.

Very interesting work you do.

OP
OP
Shlosser

Shlosser

Greenie
Nov 28, 2008
GL said:
That huge mine at 1:41 into your slideshow would have caused a dark patch in my pants if I had found it.
The closest thing to that we have here in America is Civil War battlefields and they are off limits for digging.

Very interesting work you do.

This is antitank German mine TMi-35, about 11,5lb of TNT. This is URL on video, where this mine was exploded:

http://video.mail.ru/mail/dagurov/17/1040.html

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Re: Russian searching for WW2 relics and lost Russian and German soldiers in 194

Welcome to TreasureNet, and many thanks for your fascinating post.

However, please do not post photos of human remains: skeletons, skulls, bones, etc.

SandFiddler

Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's BHID
Thank you,

I find this post to be fascinating! Your work is interesting and historically important.
Please continue to post so that we may follow your progress.

Your English is better than some Americans I know.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
PBK said:
However, please do not post photos of human remains: skeletons, skulls, bones, etc.

Can I ask why?? It is out of respect for the dead or because this is a family site?? Just curious. You can PM me if you wish. Thanks.

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
muzhik vas mnogo tut s rossii pokazyvaut fotki s raskopa, chego ty hochesh ot amerov? deneg? tvoy angl bolee-menee men'she tol'ko s sokrasheniyamy igray, v poslednem predlozhenii oshibka uberi opostrof

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
chego ty pozorish stranu vystavlyaya vodku na avatare? mne itak mozgi ebut po povody alkogolikov russkih

topor

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
X-5,CZ3D
nahabit Š½Ńƒ ты Šø чŠµŃ€Ń‚, Š¾Š“Š½Š°ŠŗŠ¾

topor

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
X-5,CZ3D
topor said: